Store suggestion for wish lists

davidmedina

I have a suggestion for the store.

It would be helpful if we could prioritize our wish list in some way. maybe must have and would like or in order of purchase priority.

Also, it would be really helpful if the system would let us know if we already have that resource.

Finally, I am not sure if Accordance does this, but if I buy several volumes of a commentary series, it would be very helpful to our pockets if Accordance takes what we already paid proportionally if we decide to complete the series by buying it.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Great ideas, David. I've been trying to get better about (1) making sure I know what all I have in Accordance and (2) using it well, but the option that already exists--to alert you when you add something you already own to your cart--would be great if extended to wish lists, too.

I'm in favor of the wish list prioritization idea, too, as long as it's quick and easy enough to implement.

On your last idea--I'm with you, too! I've benefited from the existing three-month "grace" policy that does what you are asking, for three months. Helen had hinted (I thought) at something like a dynamic pricing model (though not using those words) in the forums a while back. I can't find that post now, and maybe she was referring to something else.

Yes, I was primarily referring to Collections upgrades. The problem with commentaries is that often the royalty structure on individual volumes is different from the sets. I don't think we can implement this on Commentaries for that reason. It's really best to buy the sets if you possibly can.

• Like 1

Helen, could something possibly be work our with those companies? I would not expect a1 to 1 discount equivalence but some sort of promotional in relative value within the set. To be honest, the Logo's dynamic pricing model is very attractive and beneficial to the end user because it reassure us that even by buying individual modules we are investing in the long run into the set. In my case there has been instances that I have opted to buy the tool for Logos just because of their dynamic pricing benefit. One current example is the NIVAC. I much rather get it for Accordance, but because I already have three volumes at Logos I know that every additional volume I buy will, in the long run, allow me to purchase the set without having to pay for them again.

Same thing with Collections. I was tempted to upgrade to the Ultimate Collection, but because I already own some tools that are included on the Ultimate Collection it was like paying for them again. Even with the sale that was going on, when I did the numbers I ended up not getting any real discount.

At any rate, any discount would be great. :)

Edited by davidmedina
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Even if one would have to pay a little more, proportionally, for an individual commentary, I would like to have that as an option. I cannot afford to buy the whole OT set of Anchor Bible Commentary, but I really want to be able to buy Milgrom's Leviticus right now even if that's not as good of a deal per book as buying the set. Is there a way to marginally increase individual commentary cost to cover the company's end of royalties so I can buy a book at a time? 

Thanks

Daniel: Many of the publishers charge a much higher royalty on individual volumes than on the entire set.

Fabian: We have improved the wish lists already, but don't have plans to inform you of each sale on an item in your list. That's what the Newsletter and Blog are for.

• Like 1