KJVS Italic

ajohnson

In the printed and Online Bible versions of the KJV, English words that were not in the Greek or Hebrew are represented by putting them in italics. Most of the time these italic words have been harmlessly supplied and help with the meaning of a verse. But sometimes their addition can actually change the meaning of the text. In Accordance my KJVS doesn't show me the italicized words. Is this something that can be turned on? I realize I can scroll over the words and get info about them in the Instant Details box, or open an original language text, but it sure would be nice to be able to see these italicized words at a glance. Any tips?

Thanks!

Our text of the KJV does have these words italicized, but you need to be sure that you are using a font that includes italic style. On Mac Classic this did not matter, the Mac applied styles to any font. However, with Quartz smoothing on OS X, if a font does not have the style built-in, it will not display. So our old default font, Geneva, does not show the styles. Arial does, and so does Palatino on my Mac.

• 3 months later...

Hi there

Does this apply to the KJV module as well, or only the KJVS?

thanks

It applies to the KJVS, but not to the KJV. Apparently that etext had no styling at all. Sorry!

Thanks for the clarification

which explains why nothing happened when I changed the font... :blink:

Archived