Hebrew Lemma search in 1.6.1

David Wheeler

I do a lot of lemma searches with BHT text. And I'm really pleased that we can now go back to our starting point after a search is done. That is very nice. However, now, the lemma search includes prefixes and suffixes. Up to this point in the development of the app, the lemma search stripped those off.

I do a lot of lemma searches with BHT text. And I'm really pleased that we can now go back to our starting point after a search is done. That is very nice. However, now, the lemma search includes prefixes and suffixes. Up to this point in the development of the app, the lemma search stripped those off.

Part of the underlying work in 1.6 was to unify more of the code with the Mac app and this was one of the areas affected. To illustrate, right-click on a word on Mac and select Search For > Lemma. It will function just the same as touch-hold, Search > Lemma on iOS.

When we introduce arbitrary text selection in iOS you will be able to search for only the desired portion of the word, just as on Mac.

I hope this helps to clarify things…