Re-install

PhilT

Hi,

Having trouble with one of my modules, the Carson-Beale Commentary, it does not scroll. Will open to the place I note but will not scroll. Should be fixed by reinstalling. Do I need to disguard the file from my Mac and then reinstall using easy install? Anyone re installed modules before?

Macbook Pro 4 GB Ram couple of years old, using the latest accordance software

Thanks in advance

Leaving you in God's Care and Grace

Phil

Hi Phil, to reinstall, just delete it from your library window (using the gear icon at the bottom of the library window).

If that doesn't work, you will have to do that as well as delete it from the library.

Go to the finder, click the GO menu with OPTION key depressed, and select "LIBRARY".

A folder will open, find the item "Application Support" and open it

there is the Accordance Folder, and inside it is the Modules folder. Open that and go into Tools. You will find the the "Beale-Carson Commentary"

delete that.

Then a fresh copy will download from the Accordance servers and be installed like the first time.

• Like 1

Is it Phil of the phone calls?

​Worked out that's not right.

Are you coming to our day seminar on May 10?

Edited by Ken Simpson

All,

Brought this up last week. My Carson-Beale module does not scroll. Yes, I tried deleting and re installing.

Problem: Been working on John 9. Open up the ESV, Open the C/B module, brings up the info in an ajoining pane. But you can only read what is contained in that pane, on a 13 inch MacBook Pro that is not much. The C/B module will not scroll, the only way that I can acces the info. Is to close all panes. Open the module up by itself and use the cursor keys to navigate down to the extra info. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

G'day Phil

Best workaround that I've found is to LINK the C/B to your ESV. It may not take it to the exact chapter, but it will take you (at first) to the section in C/B. It seems to scroll if there is a direct reference, but sometimes goes to a group reference - e.g. - John 15 takes you to "The Book of Glory - 13:1-20:31)

Grace and peace

Hi Phil, seems to me to work, but not quite correctly, it only shows John 9 when opened as a parallel pane and won't go beyond that. All my other reference tools are working fine as far as I can see.

I think there's a module issue at work, Rick? What's your thoughts?

Ken,

Seems that way, I can confirm your statement.

Tried re-install last week, then ran out of time to check the John 9 section.

Rick, any suggestiions?

Thanks in advance

Phil Tuften

Hi Phil, it would be good to hear from Rick if it's a module issue, but in the meantime, use Andrew's workaround. It seems to work really well.

So, open your ESVS, open BC as an independent zone.

In the tab, select TIE TAB TO => ESVS

then do your ESVS search and it will work perfectly

(See the added video here) .ScreenFlow.mp4.zip

However, I have just updated to 10.4.1 and it seems to work fine in a parallel pane.

Give it a go and let me know how you go.

• Like 1

Phil, Please post a screenshot of the workspace. I cannot reproduce this issue.

• Like 1

Helen,

I have never used the screenshoot feature. I tried, had trouble linking the image

See Ken's zip file above, as this reproduces my screen

pane 1 ESVS

pane 2 C/B module

When I scroll to the end of the screen the text in the C/B module does not move.

Ken, updated is still happening. Thanks for the zip file.

Andrew, thanks for you suggestion

Phil