Suggestions for modules on limited space on iPhone

Michael Dearinger

I am curious as to what modules are must have on IOS. Since real estate is at a premium on iPhones or iPads I was wondering which modules other users are selecting for Accordance for iOS. For instance, what is the must have dictionary, commentary, lexicon, etc. if you had to choose just one.

Depence on your background. And for what purpose you are using accordance.

There are good ressources just for eveyone..

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest a few English translations, Hebrew and Greek texts (perhaps with Apparatus), And some general-purpose commentary. For me it's EBC.

For me, its everything i have bought or use, i just dont include tools that come with a package that i haven't or rarely used, so most of my translations are there together with my study bibles, commentaries and dictionaries, even my map. Plus the general reading like N T Wright. I dont have storage issues, so it makes sense to me to have anything useful with me, because i dont always have my ipad with me, and its there if i want it. I even have french and spanish translations, in case! (For about 12 months, a couple who could only speak french attended our service in english each week, so it was useful to have a french translation handy).

My ipad is 16 gig so storage is an issue, so everything i use is on it and nothing i dont, and this is my primary interface with accordance. My iphone is 64 gig but obviously not used as much but i still want everything i may use on it.

You mention real estate Michael. For me, real estate isnt an issue on the ipad. I love the way in text you can have a parralel pane and can quickly switch texts or resources so that isnt the issue for me. As said elsewhere, i really miss the ability to have two resources up in parallel and to be able to switch those as easily as well as a simple interlinear, but hopefully version 2 will be out soon and we will see what that brings.

As far as the iphone is concerned, real estate is a compromise but its still just about workable to have two panes open, but i find i am hiding the second pane more often.

Edited by ukfraser

Hi, Michael!

I have the ESVi with its Notes and Cross-references, NIV (2011) Enhanced G/K, NA28-T, BHS-W4, LXX1, Eerdmans Bible Dictionary, Tyndale Commentary, Mounce Expositiory Dictionary, PhotoGuide and PhotoMuseum (both large, but really, really, worthwhile), and the IVP OT & NT Background commentaries. I also installed Morning and Evening for my Daily Devotions. That about filled up the space I had on my old iPhone 5 16 GB, which I took with me to church, Sunday School, and Bible Study.

I recently moved up to an iPhone 6 plus 64 GB and now I can put everything I own in Accordance on it!

• Like 1

Photo guides are the one resource i havent got yet so can include by wbc o&nt. ;o) really should! Thanks for the reminder but i can't decide by your photo guide and the david Bivin set.

Edited by ukfraser

ukfraser

Thanks for the reminder but i can't decide by your photo guide and the david Bivin set.

I do own both sets. Photo Guide would seem to me to be the more useful of the two sets. Bivin's collection is very fascinating and his pictures are definitely of value, indeed every picture is a view that has vanished, that said his photos do offer some wonderful views of Israel in the 1960's.

-Dan

• Like 1

I'm a succer for 120 film and the square format though!

Thanks Dan, really appreciate your comments, as always, and had sort of come to that conclusion as well (went and had a look at the sample again)

;o)

Michael,

I have the following on my phone:

Texts: HCSBS, ESVS, NET, Mounce, NASB, JPS (just realized I need to replace this with JPSS), NIV G/K (2011) (when I upgrade to the GKE I will replace this one), Message, GNT28-T, HMT-W4, LXX1, LXX2, NETS, NETS2, KJVS, NKJVS, NLT-SE [if I have a translation with Strong's, I do not put the version without Strong's on my phone to save space]

English Tools: Holman Dictionary (my go to), Bible Themes Dictionary, Easton, & ISBE

Greek Tools: Mounce Greek Dictionary, LEH-2

Hebrew Tools: KM Hebrew Dictionary

Reference Tools: ESV Study Bible, Apologetics Study Bible, Tyndale Commentary, Outlines, Cross References, Notes for most of my Bibles

General Tools: Devotional Readings, Devotions on GNT, Hymn Lyrics, Remarriage After Divorce in Today's Church -- 3 views

Plus several note files

All told that takes up 1.1 GB on my 16 GB iPhone 5c.