The Other side of the Pond: John Stott and NT Wright

David Foster

I'm thought about this for a while now and just decided to put it out there. Anyone else interested in seeing their collections in accordance? I know there's a lot of issues (demand, licensing etc.) but it would be great to see these amazing authors along side the likes of Piper and McArthur which are included in Accordance.

One problem is that a lot of John Stott's writings, as well as NT Wright's bigger volumes aren't even in ebook format... so for those of us who live overseas it makes it almost impossible to get these books over here (airplane baggage allowances keep going down!)...

Again, thanks for all you've done (don't want to seem ungrateful!)...

David

PS- I know that Accordance has the Bible Speaks Today Commentary set which he edited... and I'm very grateful for this addition!

. . . . .as well as NT Wright's bigger volumes aren't even in ebook format...

PS- I know that Accordance has the Bible Speaks Today Commentary set which he edited... and I'm very grateful for this addition!

David,

If you are referring to the Christians Origins series, all the extant titles are available as etexts, but unfortunately not yet on Accordance. His Romans commentary in the NIBC will soon be available elsewhere and perhaps even for Accordance at some point in the future. There has been somewhat of a clamor for the NIBC on the Accordance forum.

It does seem there is a dearth of Anglican and other liturgical resources for Accordance.

We do have the NIBC: New International Biblical Commentary, or do you mean a different NIBC?

One problem is that a lot of John Stott's writings, as well as NT Wright's bigger volumes aren't even in ebook format... so for those of us who live overseas it makes it almost impossible to get these books over here (airplane baggage allowances keep going down!)...

I'm not sure I'd like to read N.T. Wright big books on a computer screen. I think iPad with its retina display or Kindle touch are better devices for that. At least for now. On the other hand his "For Everyone" series books as one complete NT commentary would be good to have in Accordance library. I'm looking forward to that day. Regarding John Stott's books — again, commentaries are welcome, not so sure about his books. Still waiting for "The Cross of Christ" in Kindle format…

The New Interpreters Bible Commentary has been often discussed on the Forums, and our negotiations on it with Abingdon are protracted.

As for it soon being available elsewhere I would like to know where, Logos has it on pre-publication but it;s been there for over a year and despite my best efforts to convince people of it;s worth on their forums, I do not see it going into development anytime soon. I would think it could be in Accordance before it is there.

-Dan