Thanks for the NIB Family.

Daniel  Francis

We are adding the page numbers, then final checks and release!

• Like 3

WOWOWOWOWWOWOWOW

Awesome!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see yesterday the OT section was released with it's page numbers.... Hopefully the NT release is near.

-Dan

Wonderful news thank you for pointing it out.

-Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the art not in the the most recent print editions or the Accordance version, due to Abingdon losing the rights. Clicking will bring them up to their full size.

ART INSPIRED BY REVELATION

(Originally in the New Interpreter's Bible)

post-29263-0-18489700-1406339375_thumb.jpg

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Albert Dürer (1471-1528)

post-29263-0-53093600-1406339444_thumb.jpg

Death on a Pale Horse

William Blake (1757-1827)

post-29263-0-28057600-1406339471_thumb.jpg

Death on a Pale Horse

J. M. W. Turner (1775-1851)

post-29263-0-67583600-1406339596_thumb.jpg

The Fifth Seal Vision: The Souls of the Martyrs Under the Altar

The Douce Apocalypse (13th Century)

post-29263-0-65002500-1406339661_thumb.jpg

Le Sommeil des Justes (The Sleep of the Righteous)

Angers Tapestry (14th Century)

post-29263-0-54865600-1406339871_thumb.jpg

The Angel Standing in the Sun

J. M. W. Turner (1775-1851)

post-29263-0-01527400-1406340247_thumb.jpg

The Last Judgement

post-29263-0-96406600-1406340277_thumb.jpg

"America, a Prophecy." Copy A. Bently 1/ Frontispiece

Edited by Dan Francis

• 2 years later...

While it is no longer true that Accordance is the only ones with the four NIB products (since a competing software just released the reordered commentary in 10 volumes verses the classic 12 volumes )... I dare say you are the ones with the best implementation of the four.... Thanks again, including for the sale you had on the NIB 12 volumes a couple weeks back. I use these works daily in Accordance. And hope others fine them as much a blessing.

-Dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

Thanks again, including for the sale you had on the NIB 12 volumes a couple weeks back.

Wait, there was a sale recently? I've had this on my wishlist for months, why was I not notified?

I got the New Interpreter's Bible 12-Volume Commentary a few weeks ago with the Pick One 25% discount after checking with Dan about the pricing history of this product. It is a great resource.

Shalom,

Joseph

Sorry I think I was wrong there, about a sale. I knew of a couple buying the NIB with the 25% off coupon which made me think it had been discounted recently. THAT IS MY BAD. I also should note I personally have not seen the competitors implementation. But they have no citation options and not much in more than basic search options. I can see how the 90s and beyond may seem dated to some but few would think of the NIC or WBC as dated with volumes far older.

Dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

On the theme of dated resources, I am always amused by new resources that basically cite and summarize the old resources, but are promoted as the newest and greatest--this happens in many fields. I am not opposed to resources that are review articles as they are a definite aid in grasping the state of knowledge in a field which is not familiar to the reader. I also acknowledge that most of my academic writing has been review articles. I am at a stage of life in which I seek to understand how ideas have originated, morphed, and become a reflection of the wisdom of the age in which the writer lived. Alistair, this quest for understanding the writing in the context of the era in which it was written began when I ran across an old commentary on the bookshelf at my first place of employment in the early 1970's. Of course the first volume I picked up was the one featuring Revelation and I began reading to whom the writer claimed the usual cast of characters referred. The most famous symbol was assigned to Kaiser Wilhelm, and the other cast members were assigned to political and military leaders during the time of First World War. The commentary was published in 1917. I recognized the problem the writer made and I became sensitized to the issue of bias in the interpretation and explanation of data. After four decades of teaching chemistry, I now have the luxury of applying maximum thought to His Story and the related writings through the ages. I affirm the following: 1. These many writings give the story of seeing through the glass, darkly. 2. Solomon was correct (Eccl 1:9-11). 3. We live in a world with people seeking meaning and purpose. 4. I am not retired; I am repurposed!

Shalom,

Joseph