Search translations/Versions

yetsirah

I am going to guess this is VERY easy, but I am unable to figure it out.

If I want to search on a word: kruptos; and I want to "detail" out how it is translated in 10 different english versions, how do I do that?

j

I don't think that capability exists in Accordance at this point, mainly because there is nothing underlying most English versions that would link them with the Greek/Hebrew terms. Texts with Strong's (NASB95S and KJVS) and G/K (NIVG/K) numbers can be searched by Greek/Hebrew term based on the number, and you can see how that term is translated in each occurrence in those three versions. It would be quite a monumental task to tag all the English versions to recognize what Hebrew/Greek word they are translating, and when you get into freer translations and paraphrases it could be impossible. For more information on key numbers, I'd recommend looking at the User Guide, chapter 9.

Of course, using a Key Number tagged text won't allow you to view 10 different translations since there aren't that many different translations using the Key Number system.

If you have your ten translations in parallel panes... set the text display to "Show as Separate with Space" with same font size and column width (keep it narrow) and that will help.

Of course, using a Key Number tagged text won't allow you to view 10 different translations since there aren't that many different translations using the Key Number system.

If you have your ten translations in parallel panes... set the text display to "Show as Separate with Space" with same font size and column width (keep it narrow) and that will help.

Yeah that is how I do it now. I just figured that I was doing it the hard way.

I thought maybe there was a simple way of connecting several translations to a search query.

thank you.

Archived