Pharaoh Ramses won't let my text go

JAC

I am working in Exodus using ESVS. A couple of things have me asking questions. The first is at Exodus 7:18. At the end of the verse, the text reads ...Nile. "'" 19.... I found a starting quote in verse 17 but that leaves another double and a single quote un accounted for.

The second issue is more global.

I'm studying Exodus 2-I5. I started a fresh User Note to save my work in, copying pertinent chapters and verses in as I came to them. I was working in Ex. 7-12 to copy the text. I selected the text, command-c copied, and then tried to paste it into the User Note I had copied other text into. However, Accordance popped up an alert that said that there was a maximum of 32000 characters that could be accommodated by Paste. I tried to paste the text more than one and got the same message. I "updated" my User Note. Same warning.

After that, I started trying smaller bites of those chapter. It went reasonably if not slowly apace copying one or two paragraphs at a time with as I performed copy/paste trials to stay under the limit.

I narrowed the problem down to the paragraph containing 10:3 I copied one letter and that was successful. So I highlighted the Book/ch/vs lead into the verse and it copied into my User Note. Then I tried to copy the first sentence, but got the 32K alert. So I proceeded to copy the first few words, "So Moses and Aaron" and that worked. (I was thinking that perhaps Accordance was counting the tagging information and perhaps I could get around that.) So then I moved to get some more of the sentence. "went in to" copied just fine. I selected " Pharaoh", copied and then tried to paste it in. The 32000 alert popped up. So I am coming to you to see what I am doing wrong.

John

BTW: I tried to copy several chapters that included ch. 10 and got a similar error but it was for copying rather than pasting which led to the narrowing down to the troublesome Pharaoh.

I am working in Exodus using ESVS. A couple of things have me asking questions. The first is at Exodus 7:18. At the end of the verse, the text reads ...Nile. "'" 19.... I found a starting quote in verse 17 but that leaves another double and a single quote un accounted for.

I think these are nested quotes that start in Ex7:14 alternating single and double quotes as the nesting requires.

Thx

D

Thanks Dan,

You're right. I tried to trace the quotes but didn't go back far enough. After reading your reply I did and had to do it twice because I got lost in the quotes within quotes within quotes. I've got to figure out a highlighting scheme to help next time I visit this passage.

John