Advanced Greek Construct Question

Joe.Congdon

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to memorize all 1s (Active, Indicative) 2aorist forms of all verbs in the NT that occur 30 times or more. I'm trying to make flash cards that have 1s 2aorist forms on one side, and the lexical form of the verb on the other side. To do this, I'll need to produce an analysis list with these forms.

But I'm running into a few problems:

1. I'm not sure exactly how to make this construct search. I think I've done it, but
  2. I'm not sure how to alter the analysis data to produce two columns of the verb forms listed above.

There was a very helpful tutorial video on the Accordance site that shows how to make flashcards from an analysis list. I have used that with success for vocab cards, but I am hitting a wall with this one.

I'm not sure how to do it, but I have a feeling that Accordance can help me with this one.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer!

Joe

I'm not sure that I quite understand what you want to search for, but here's my first attempt…all 1st Sing 2Aor Act Ind verbs occurring 30 or more times in the GNT-T:

post-5629-0-70742900-1337868333_thumb.png

Does this help?

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. That is not quite what I am looking for. I am looking for all verbs that:

1. occur 30 times or more total, and also
  2. occur in the 2aorist tense

I am not looking just for those that occur in 1s Act Ind. (Although I will use the 1s Act Ind to memorize them later.) I'm sorry, I know this is a bit confusing.

Also, I am looking to have in the analysis:

1. one column of 1s Act Ind 2aorist forms, and
  2. one column of lexical form.

I can then use this analysis to make the flash cards.

Thanks so much for all of your help,

Joe

In that case the search is more simple:

post-5629-0-71807300-1337871532_thumb.png

But, there isn't a way to display a principal part (or tense form) in the analysis details, which is what I think you're looking for. That is, find all these forms and obviously know their lexical form, but more importantly recognize their 2Aor form. The good thing, however, is that there are only 27 different forms and you can manually look up the principal part in a resource like the Mounce Analytical Lexicon, or possibly his grammar.

I'm the farthest thing from a Greek Scholar, but if you show the inflected form in the analysis tab, won't that be the 2aor form that was found in the text? You can then sort it by lexical form, or just list the inflected forms (see top-right zone):

I'm the farthest thing from a Greek Scholar, but if you show the inflected form in the analysis tab, won't that be the 2aor form that was found in the text? You can then sort it by lexical form, or just list the inflected forms (see top-right zone):

the lexical form would be 2Aor, but I assumed he wanted the 2Aor Active form, but I could've been mistaken. Either way your suggestion gets you closer I think.