Unable to use modules

Rich Shields

I have Accordance on my iMac 21” and everything works great. But on my new MacBook Pro Retina, when I want to add a new text (HCSB, GW, NA-28), the window opens for me to select the module. While it sees the module in the list, there is no way to select it. When I try, I get this notice (attachment):

Haven’t seen any solution. Other text modules work okay.

post-29332-0-81148400-1375402934_thumb.png

As an update, none of the other tools (modules) work either.

Did you copy over or download all the modules through install?

I have been traveling for seven weeks, so I am trying to remember. I think the initial install was copying over. It has been that way since the beginning. But I noticed I could never get it set up right.

Should I delete everything and start from scratch, copying everything over Airport?

Hi Rich,

actually the best way would be to delete everything and start again, and then use Easy Install to download and install your modules.

To remove everything, you need to trash the Application, and the Accordance folder in the Application Support folder in your user library (press OPTION and select LIBRARY in your GO menu).

Probably best just to drag the folder onto your desktop until you are sure things are working.

also the folder ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance\ Preferences (again, by pressing OPTION and selecting LIBRARY in your GO menu).

Also ~/Documents/Accordance Files onto your desktop.

Then try again and use Easy Install and it should work fine. It could take quite a while though, depending on what you own.

Thanks, Ken. I will start doing that. I have the top of the line package, including the graphics, so it will take a while. But as long as I can get it working, that’s the main thing.

Okay I downloaded Acc. 10.2.1 and the 4 most recent purchases (i.e. NA-28). However, none of the previous Bible texts and many other modules are greyed out and so cannot install them. See the attachment.

Okay I downloaded Acc. 10.2.1 and the 4 most recent purchases (i.e. NA-28). However, none of the previous Bible texts and many other modules are greyed out and so cannot install them. See the attachment.

No attachment Rich. Try again. Make sure the screen cap is in jpg or png format if you can.

Sorry about that. I had it, and when I tried to delete the duplicate post, I deleted the attachment.

In this attachment all of the items are shown, but none can be accessed.

post-29332-0-53469100-1375550391_thumb.png

All these items are currently installed as far as Accordance Preferences are concerned. If you cannot open them in the Library tab, you must remove them from the Library and then you will be able to reinstall them.

I tried that. But they are still unclickable in the Easy Install window.

Hi Rich,

the thing is that easy install thinks they are installed. Howe did you remove them from the library tab? Step by step would be good, but don't get too hyper-detailed.

You need to remove them in the Accordance Library by right-click and Remove, by command-delete, or selecting and using the gear menu at the bottom of the tab.

I deleted everything, ready to start from scratch. And then the internet provider was out for 24+ hours. So, I am now downloading everything from scratch. I’ll update when it finishes.

Success!!! One thing I noticed is that each time I downloaded the basic application, very little stuff was happening. This time, all 219 files were shown and downloaded without a hitch.

Very relieved because I have another trip in one week.

Thanks to Ken and Helen.