Accordance for iOS would not start today

bradk

Today for the first time in a week, I went to use my iPhone Accordance (I've been on my iMac the rest of the time). The initial splash page showed up stayed a long while and then the display went back to the app icons from which I had started Accordance. I tried that several times. Then I used the double press of the home button to terminate Accordance to get a fresh copy. Still crashed. Then I powered down my iPhone, let it 'rest', and started it up. Accordance for iOS still crashed during start up.

I know I used it a number of times last week with no issue. I have not loaded or updated any Accordance modules in that time. The only changes to my iPhone was the standard application updates through iPhone (which did not include any updates for Accordance). Very frustrating.

Finally, I deleted Accordance from my iPhone, sync'ed to get rid of it and its files, 'bought' it anew, synced to download. Now it worked. I then spend 90 minutes doing the easy install to download the modules I keep on my iPhone.

The problem with this fix is that I can only do it when I am at home with the iMac I use to sync the iPhone with.

Any ideas what might go wrong? Or what I could do other than reinstall the application?

On that topic, in using Easy Install, I saw that a number of modules labelled Not for iOS were available to download. Shouldn't they be marked so that Easy Install won't even offer them? I tried to be careful but not all 'Not for iOS" were labelled as such because the length of the title displayed in Easy Install was so long, that bit was not displayed. There were a set of give modules (involving parallel versions with OT and NT and OT in NT) where some were labelled on the iPhone as Not for iOS and others were not. I went on my iMac with Safari to your web page and checked the modules out and it was clearly stated there that it was not for iOS even though Easy Install offered it and didn't indicate otherwise. I would have hoped by now, a mark could be made in your database not to offer these modules if the version of Accordance is on an iOS platform.

Thanks,

Bruce

PS., In spite of this frustration, I have been enjoying the application. It works much better on the small screen than I had expected. I'm sort of holding my breath (figuratively) until the iPAD 2 is announced since I resolved to get one at version 2. I'm sure the larger screen makes it even better.

We have an update in to the App Store which we hope will be released any day now, that should enable a restart even if there is a problem with the restored session, which may have been your problem.

The Not for iOS modules will no longer cause a problem if you do download them, but there is no easy way to prevent the appearing on the list, sorry! It's all part of the common code and common store that the app shares with Accordance.

Bruce,

Your problem definitely sounds like an issue we've addressed in the next update (which is under review by Apple for release). If you can hold off for a day or two, you should be able to fix your issue without having to reinstall.

Scott.

We have an update in to the App Store which we hope will be released any day now, that should enable a restart even if there is a problem with the restored session, which may have been your problem.

The Not for iOS modules will no longer cause a problem if you do download them, but there is no easy way to prevent the appearing on the list, sorry! It's all part of the common code and common store that the app shares with Accordance.

If I understand you correction, if I now should download a Not for iOS module, they won't work because of an issue between them and the iOS platform, but they will cause no damage. In other words, they will simply waste space on my device.

One more question, if I should download one of these and then discover it, how do I remove it from the collection I have on the device to recover space.

Thanks for telling me about the update, I will be looking for its release as I routinely check all my apps for updates.

Bruce

In Accordance iOS, tap the Library button (bottom left of the screen) to open your Accordance library. Next, tap the Edit button (top right of the screen). You will now notice red delete icons next to each item (except your open text or tool). Tap the red delete icon and confirm by tapping the Delete button to delete a resource.

These modules won't appear in the Library so you cannot remove them, but they are very small and no longer create any problems.

Ah, yes. I didn't notice Brad was asking about the non-iOS modules.

Yes! It is there. Thanks!

Archived