Africa Bible Commentary

Alistair

I believe this would be a useful addition, a one-volume commentary from an Afrocentric perspective.

Non-Africa rights belong to Zondervan according to the blurb in the 1st edition, I understand a second edition has been published since then.

I have found the special articles very insightful and worthwhile reading.

• Like 1

I've got this in hardcover and find it to be pretty good.

Obviously, there's an etext available because there's a Kindle edition:

http://www.amazon.com/Africa-Bible-Commentary-One-Volume-Scholars/dp/0310291879

I do own this commentary in another software and I do think it is a fabulous commentary. I would likely not duplicate it in Accordance but it is a fine commentary with a lot to offer.

-Dan

My thoughts exactly. I stumbled across a hardback copy of the first edition in an Oxfam bookshop for £9.99.

I hesitated to buy it until I saw the list of special interest articles.

It complements Biblical Christianity in African Perspective by Wilbur O'Donovan (Paternoster, 1996) which would also be a worthy addition to the Accordance library.

This is an excellent and practical sourcebook. Not only does it challenge traditional western ways of thinking (in a good way) it will also introduce subjects for discussion that are usually ignored in a western worldview.

Anyone who has any personal or pastoral dealings with Africans will find it enlightening. It's question-and-answer methodology makes it very approachable, and very easy to dip into without having to read it from cover to cover.