New copy feature

danzac

I would like to request a small time-saving feature. Often when discussing a single word in an essay, you refer to the lexical form. This means that users have to triple-click the word to open it in a lexicon, then highlight the word and copy it from there. I would like to be able to copy the word in the text window, and have a special copy function called "copy lexical form".

Thanks.

Danny, as you know I like a good challenge, and I almost had a one key combo solution (using Quicksilver). The simplest access to the lemma is right click on a word and selet the contextual menu item "Search for/lemma" and then a recycled window displays the lemma with the word already highlighted and ready to copy.

I can't make a Quicksilver trigger to do this in one step (do the search, copy the word, close the window) because, once again, I'm foiled by the non-compliant mix of tool bar functions, menu options, and contextual menu items. Namely, there is no "Search for/lemma" menu option in Accordance... :(

If only you were quick enough to swing the pointer over to the instant details box to copy the lemma before it faded away... :)

Incidentally, I wouldn't vote for this function to be high on the "features to add" list.

Archived