Searching for Hebrew passive participles?

hjkeener

How can I search for Qal Passive Participles? When I select the tag [verb passiveParticiple] it only yields Aramaic results. If I add "Qal" it doesn't yield any hits. If I search for [verb qal participle] I seem to only get active participles (all "coat-tails" and no "car-tools").
What am I doing wrong?

This worked for me [VERB qal passiveParticiple] using the HMT-W Text.

post-30090-0-43679300-1393372049_thumb.png

Edited by Dieudonne

Hi, Dieudonne might be on to something. What text are you using hj?

As you can see in my screenshot there are plenty of non-aramaic examples - as Dieudonne indicated. Can you specify the version of accordance and what text you are using please?

post-29509-0-66735100-1393373786_thumb.png

Edited by Ken Simpson

Or you could try this construct search which will exclude the aramaic roots.

post-29509-0-23607000-1393374218_thumb.png

Thanks for the quick feedback! I've been using the BHS-W4 text. I tried the HMT-W4 and it worked easily. Should I switch over to HMT-W4? Is it more consistently tagged? I've not had any other problems with the BHS until this. At least now I know if I hit a snag I can try other Hebrew texts.

Thanks again!

Yes, the tagging was updated for the HMT-W4 and will continue to be updated. The HMT-W4 will also work with the ongoing syntax module.

To solve the problem, place the two texts in parallel, search the HMT0W4 and look at the tagging of the parallel word in BHS-W4. This reveals the change that was made in the tagging:

HMT-W4: אָר֤וּרʾarur ארר ʾrr Verb qal passiveP masc sing abs to curse
BHS-W4: אָר֤וּרʾarur ארר ʾrr Verb passiveQal part masc sing abs to curse