Make individual commentaries available?

Matt Ātack

Might we soon be able to purchase individual commentaries from all series rather than only a few? Is this is a publishers issue?

While its nice to have a complete commentary set or two, its impractical to purchase multiple series when (aside from financial reasons) there are often only a handful of commentaries from a particular set that one might find helpful. I have the Baker and Hermenia series in mind. I tend to study one book at a time and would like to purchase 2-3 commentaries on that book of the bible from whatever series I believe to offer the best volumes.

Also, I would love to be able to get a 7 day trial on individual commentaries and perhaps a longer (30 day?) trial on commentary sets so that we can evaluate the material before committing to making such expensive purchases. I did a lot of research before finally purchasing my first series (EBC) and after using it for a short while I wish I had gone with a different (WBC).

Also, while I know many others have asked for the Anchor Bible commentaries I just wanted to give my Amen!

Thanks!

Matt

Matt: Creating individual volumes for sale takes quite a bit of work, and they typically sell rather slowly. We will offer more where the license allows for it, but we appreciate your patience as we have so many other tasks on hand.