User Tool Tutorial

Dewayne Davis

I am sure I am just overlooking it, or not wording it correctly. But where is the detailed documentation on the user tool? I am wanting to create a tool to contain links to articles and topics that I want to find quickly later. I have found a couple posts that sort of mention this. But I can't find anything that give specific details. I have tried dragging and dropping from the text, but that only copies the actual text, not the location. Thanks.

Hi, Dewayne!

Check out David Lang's "Doing your Own Thing" segment on the Training DVD downloads: http://www.accordancefiles1.com/training/data/OwnThing.html. It's for a prior version of Accordance and may not cover all the features of Accordance 8, but it will certainly get your started.

I am working with Joel on the very first podcast as we speak. It's on Searching the Bible by Verse (as we thought we'd start with the most basic tutorials first). However, we'll be producing these regularly, including one in the near future on user tools. So, stay tuned for even more and updated information!

I have seen that one several times. But I am wanting to create tool links other than scripture links.

Check out the documentation provided in Accordance Help. Choose Help from the menu, select Accordance Help. When the help window opens, click on Doing your own Thing in the list on the left, choose User Tools, and then select III. The Edit Window for User Tools. Scroll down a bit, and you'll find a helpful discussion of creating the various links available.

Check out the documentation provided in Accordance Help. Choose Help from the menu, select Accordance Help. When the help window opens, click on Doing your own Thing in the list on the left, choose User Tools, and then select III. The Edit Window for User Tools. Scroll down a bit, and you'll find a helpful discussion of creating the various links available.

I don't know how I overlooked that. Thanks.

Archived