Spell check in User Notes?

Battlesman

I would like to request the red squiggly lines and auto-correct in Accordance's User Notes. It was absent in Acc 8, and when I upgraded to Acc 10, I assumed it would be included, but it is not.

Or...if I'm just don't know how to turn that feature on, please comment to correct my feature request :)

Thank you,

Dustin

If my memory serves me correctly, this has been requested before. Yet not including auto spellcheck in Accordance User Tools and User Notes is an intentional decision on the part of the developers. Accordance provides the capability to include various languages (Hebrew, Greek, etc.) in user created notes and tools and the spelling schemes would stump spellcheck. To get an idea of this, copy and paste a selection of Greek or Hebrew text from Accordance and paste it into a TextEdit document. You'll note every word is "misspelled."

Perhaps, however, this could be considered as an option. Users who work exclusively in English would be able to benefit without the hassle of spellcheck underlining numerous false hits.

Well, for the record, there is a spell check for User Notes, its just not the official Mac one. When editing any User Note or User Tool, just do Search menu -> Spelling (command-colon) for a spell check.

• Like 1

Well, for the record, there is a spell check for User Notes, its just not the official Mac one. When editing any User Note or User Tool, just do Search menu -> Spelling (command-colon) for a spell check.

I am glad that it is there but have never used it. For many years I as a fan of SpellCatcher. I finally abandoned it when it kept creating conflicts with my updating Accordance and as Apple's internal spell checker improved. My main love for Spell Catcher was its interactive checking as one typed. I think that is the modern way of checking spelling. Waiting until one has finished typing a note and then going back and checking the spelling seems so old fashioned and inefficient.

As for Sean's point for the use of Greek, Hebrew, or other foreign words that is legitimate. But there are ways to address this since one can tell the system to "Learn words" for the most often used ones, or simply ignore the underlined words that one knows is spelled correctly. I do that all the time with proper names.

I would like to encourage the integration of the interactive spell checker into Notes (and Tools).

• Like 1

I have to agree that this would be nice. I try to remember to spellcheck notes, but I have to think that some do go without being checked. To have it automatically check spelling for Notes and Tools would be a great improvement in my opinion. I think the red squiggly or dotted lines are a good thing and as mentioned above spellcheckers can "Learn Words."

Peace and Blessings,

Tim

My vote is for an auto spell check feature.

• 4 years later...

Wanting to resurrect this to see if an auto spell checker for user notes & tools might be a possibility ...