i have no idea what the new "info pane" might entail

Jonna Schmidt

Hi:

I have had to deal with other matters, so I am just now getting "up to speed" with Accordance 11. So far... this has been a disappointment.

So.... I started with Dr. Jay's blog, #114 -- and I can not even figure out what he is referring to with regards to this new "info pane".

Sorry... but I am kind of upset. I have used Accordance for many years, and I am totally lost with this new version. I am basically starting new. Nothing "works" like it did before the upgrade. So... I was hoping that these podcasts would at least get me "back on track", but now, I am even more confused.

I am hoping that someone could help: MOUSE CLICK by MOUSE CLICK -- just how do I access this "info pane". I have used the "Accordance help feature", but it is totally useless: it just takes me to the MAC OPERATING SYSTEM "info pane" -- or their version of it. Based on the podcast: I can see that it might be potentially useful.

Just HOW do I access this?

In a text tab, click on the drop down labeled Add Parallel. It is just above the text, on the right. The first entry is the Info Pane.

Somehow... my the grace of God... I finally figured out how at least access this new "info pane". It would be really helpful (for future upgrades) if you include: a step-by-step, mouse-click by mouse-click demonstration. It took CONSIDERABLE time, and even now: I am not sure if I just finally found this "info pane", strictly by accident.

Accordance 11 still crashes quite a bit.

Thanks so much for your help. Not sure why Accordance 11 has been a more difficult "upgrade". I can see (from the podcasts) that: when you understand the various "clicks" -- it can be very useful. Still... it has been a more difficult upgrade.

Jonna,

Are you syncing with DropBox? If so, when "user tools" is selected to sync, you may have some issues with crashing. Other than that issue, I haven't had any issues.

Hope this helps if it is your issue.

Joseph

Hi, Jonna!

I am so sorry you are having trouble with the Info Pane, though I am pleased to see you've made some progress since your original post.

I try to keep the podcasts "short and sweet," as I am mindful that most people's schedules are jammed already. Many viewers pause and rewind certain sections, to make sure they understand the concepts.

This particular podcast added two new features. First, the mouse cursor was surrounded by a green circle, making it easier to track. Second, each click was accompanied by a "radar effect," a circle of color that expanded each time the mouse was clicked; right and left mouse clicks have different colors. I had hoped these features would help with the very problems you mentioned.

Based on your feedback, I am going to expand the time and size that radar effect appears in future podcasts. Let me know if it helps!

Edited by Timothy Jenney

I just want to say that Accordance 11 overall is very user-friendly and I can easily to access the info-pane without any explanation. The upgrade is plain easy to me too. And I also appreciate the staffs are very patient to any customers who have questions or even complaints. Thank you again.

A suggestion. When I saw this topic I also checked the customize toolbar to see if there was an option to place it in the toolbar. I noticed that there isn't an icon to add it. From you webpage and podcast I saw you have an icon for the feature, would you be able to add it to the list for the toolbar? The info pane looks to be a great feature.

• Like 1

Hi, David!

That's a great suggestion—and one that I already made to our programmers. ;) However, they pointed out to me that no other parallel pane has a toolbar icon. In Workspaces with multiple Search Texts, there is also the problem of knowing to which the user intended to add the Info Pane.

Considering its importance, they did place it at the very top of the Parallel Pane menu, though.

Hmm, that does present some problems but a Toolbar and a keyboard shortcut for Info Pane would be a great addition.

This is just he kind of feature I'd love to be able to quickly turn on an off quickly.

• Like 1

I just switched to Accordance from the "other guys" and I must say that thanks to the podcasts, the learning curve has been minimal. The info pane is awesome.

Love it.

• Like 1

Thank you, rpavich!