Teaching and/or blogging

joelmadasu

Hello everyone!

I have a question: Do I have to get permission from Accordance to teach, train, or write (on my blog) about Accordance software?

If there is a procedure, would you (anyone) please let me know?

Thank you.

Regarding images, these questions are answered in Podcast #96. Very interesting podcast.

I would expect that using Accordance in your teaching and writing and giving credit where it's due would be a good thing. In Basics of Biblical Greek, Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics, and The Basics of New Testament Syntax, Accordance is listed as a resource at the beginning of the books and cited in the text as well. Seems like good advertising to me.

We used Accordance in teaching youth Sunday school. It resulted in two of our students using a gift certificates from us and from the church to purchase their own copies.

Someone from Accordance will post and let you know if there are any restrictions.

Edited by Julie Falling

Thank you Julie!

I hope I will hear soon from some one.

Of course you are welcome to write all you want about Accordance. The only restrictions are on copying large amounts of copyright text, and on the images which we just explained in this post.

Related question: how do you feel about Accordance users providing workshops for others in their area on using Accordance? Our state-wide annual continuing education event for ministry professionals in my denomination just shifted including workshops , and I've given some thought to offering to do one on Accordance in a future year.

I think that is OK as long as it is clear that it is not an official training event, nor by one of our official trainers. We would gladly support you in any way we can.

Thanks, Helen. I'll be certain to be in touch next year if it looks like that's an option from this end.