Active internet connection not found during Easy Install

JLindblom

I upgraded to the Essential collection about a week ago. I have been trying to download the update via Easy Install ever since and keep on getting a pop up saying that "No Active Internet Connection is Found". My internet is working fine. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Accordance and I am still getting the same error.

I am not sure what the issue might be but I was getting a similar error last week when checking for updates. I just tried now and had no issue. Try restarting ( I am guessing you already had). I had assumed Accordance might have been having server issues, but I know after restarting for another reason I have not seen the error again.

-Dan

I've restarted multiple times now, still no progress. I may try a wired connection tomorrow. Not sure what is going on.

Yes- everything is up to date. I have uninstalled everything, then reinstalled, Tried restarting and the Easy Install won't load just says no active connection. When I click on updates in the easy install "window" that loads fine.

I have figured out the issue. X3Watch was blocking the internet connection. I had to uninstall the program in order to download. Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this while it is installed?

If you can mark certain domains as safe, I would ensure each of the following domains are marked properly:

accordancebible.com

accordancefiles1.com

accordancefiles2.com
accordancefiles3.com
accordancefiles4.com
accordancefiles5.com

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not aware I have X3Watch on my very recently replaced iPad2 - brand new model from the Apple store owing to a failing battery on the old one - but I am getting the same message as I try to reinstall all my Accordance purchases. Of course I do have a properly functioning wifi connection. I have deleted and re-installed the app and switched off and on the wifi connection on the iPad and rebooted the iPad but all to no avail. I would be grateful for a solution from Accordance please. Thank you.

All now sorted. Perhaps it was a server issue but I have now been able to download all that I need to on my iPad 2 (which I won't upgrade to run on iOS 8).

• 1 month later...

I had a very similar issue. In version 10 when I tried to view the "easy install" button, I would get an immediate message about an "active internet connection not found" even though my internet was working fine.

When installing version 11, I could not get past the "verify Accordance" screen, as it would pop up the same message.

I contacted Accordance support, and they told me to try changing a setting in Internet Options (available from the Control Panel in Windows).

Here's what they suggested that I try:

Open Control Panel,

Click on "Internet Options"

Choose the "Advanced" tab

In the section labeled "Settings", scroll down until you see the subheading "Security"

Scroll down a little farther until you will see a choice that you can click on called "Use TLS 1.0"

Click the box

Then choose Apply

My easy install now works fine. I installed v 11, and it also works fine.

Hope this helps someone else.

Kudos to Billy in Accordance support for the help!