English Bible modules

Alistair

Can anyone give a definitive answer as to how many English Bible (or NT, or just portions) translations there are?

I'm curious as to what proportion of English Bible versions are available as computer Bible modules.

Can anyone give a definitive answer as to how many English Bible (or NT, or just portions) translations there are?

I'm curious as to what proportion of English Bible versions are available as computer Bible modules.

According to most of the sources I can find there are around 100 English translations of the Bible (full AND partial). You could look at this site for detailed information about most of them: http://www.bible-researcher.com/links02.html.

The Accordance folks have around 40 of them available. This may seem like a big gap, but we have to keep this in mind: Many of the "translations" out there are not really full translations, but rather are different "takes" on another translation. In other words, many of them fall into the "family" of one major translation or another. If you look at the Wikipedia article on the thing, not that I would suggest that it's comprehensive or even all that accurate necessarily, they put the 20th and 21st century translations into about 20 categories or so. Each of those categories is represented by at least one choice in Accordance, I believe--most often more than that.

Archived