Crashes while highlighting

Martin Z

Hello,

When I highlight some words in the NIDOTTE, some times it is fine, sometimes the program crushes.

I don't know whether it is a bug or my computer has a problem.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

It seems nobody replies.

I've seen the pattern:

the first time I highlight the text, it was fine. Then if I try to highlight for the 2nd time. It crushes.

I use Acc. on Windows 7 Professional.

Did you update to Accordance 10.4.1? If not, please do so and try again. You will find the App Update in the Utilities menu.

Thanks Helen.

Yes. I have updated to 10.4.1.

it's getting better. but if I keep trying (randomly select some words, highlight and clear, then select other words and repeat), after about 10-20 times, it crushes a again.

I had tried 5+ times, and every time it crushed after a few times. (I clear the highlight because I just want to try its stability. I don't want to highlight those words.)

Our programmers will contact you if they want to see any crash logs or get other information. Thanks for the report.

Hi Martin,

I apologize for the trouble you're having with your NIDOTTE. I've sent you an e-mail to see if we can set up a time to screenshare.

Ryan

Martin: I suspect that the highlight file you are using is corrupted. I suggest that you create a new highlight file and see whether highlighting NIDOTTE still crashes Accordance.

Hi Helen,

Thanks!
Ryan has contacted me, and I have sent the highlight file to him. He probably had that suspection as well.
Interestinly, highlighting the another tool (commentary) had the same problem, but I didn't had problem with highlighting the Bible yet.

Martin: I suspect that the highlight file you are using is corrupted. I suggest that you create a new highlight file and see whether highlighting NIDOTTE still crashes Accordance.

Martin,

We found the problem and you will see the fix in the next release.

Thank you.

Martin,

We found the problem and you will see the fix in the next release.

Thank you.

Great!

Thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Raoul,

As Orly mentioned above, this issue should be fixed in the next release.

Thank you for your patience!

Ryan