User Bible still doesn

Guntis

Accordance 1.7:

1) User Bible still doesnt use Georgia font

2) Options' toolbar in the Search screen could be a notch taller, to preven accidental tapping below it and returning from the Search mode back to the Bible text view.

3) Still no 2 and 3 finger single-tap and 1, 2, 3 finger double-tap customer-adjustable commands, like toggle highlights, show navigation grid (Go To), open Library/Favorites, etc.

4) Navigation grid could have option to be smaller, to fit into one iPhone 5 screen without a need for scrolling.

5) Still not possible to select several words for highlighting. For me that's way more important than in-app purchase features. I buy something few times a year, but I highlight text every week.

Can you describe what you mean by #1? I vaguely remember you posting about this before.

We never promised additional multi-touch options, but thanks for the request.

As mentioned in the blog post, we're working on arbitrary text selection for 1.8. It wasn't a matter of it being less or more important than in-app purchases. Text selection is a much more complex feature to implement with our custom text rendering engine, and was also delayed due to internal changes on our team. It's coming, we promise.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Rick Bennett

Can you describe what you mean by #1? I vaguely remember you posting about this before.

I created my custom Latvian Bible from the HTML text. Unfortunately it's shown only with Helvetica font, although in the font settings for both the primary and secondary screens is set Georgia font. For customer Bibles it's being ignored, UNLESS the text is Latin-only characters.

Add Latvian letters and the same tool is using only Helvetica :(

Edited by Guntis

Multi-touch is so contagious! Bible Reader has it and it really speeds up lookup and search. Just tap where your finger is on the screen, no need to reach for the specific place at the top of the screen. And toggling highlights on/off is also very useful. I just tap once with two fingers and all my highlights disappear, I can read the text without any distractions. Tap again and I can see all my highlights. Double tap with one finger and Go To grid pops up.

Edited by Guntis

• 1 month later...

Bump (v.1.7.1 and still the same problem)

Here you can see font problem in the screenshots

post-634-0-94517500-1392241900_thumb.jpg

post-634-0-65327900-1392241912_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guntis

Hasn't been worked on yet so it is no surprise the bug is still present.

Hasn't been worked on yet so it is no surprise the bug is still present.

Could you please work on it? Bugs me already a year or so… Every time I open Accordance, here it is…

• 2 weeks later...

v.1.7.2

Bump

This wasn't planned for 1.7.2 (and probably not for 1.7.3) as the goal was to address more critical bugs.