Does the Windows version of Accordance run natively on Windows tablets?

theblackbluejay

Please forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before, or if the premises are incorrect...

It seems to me that on Accordance runs natively on (certain?) Windows tablets: that the version of Accordance that runs on Windows PCs also runs on Windows tablets (or something that is a lot more robust than a typical mobile app). Is this correct? If so, why is it not the case that the native version of Accordance for Mac does not run on the iPad? Would the difference be due to hardware limitations of the iPad, software constraints of iOS, or some other factor?

Many thanks!

David

Hi, David, thanks for your question.

Accordance for Windows is a fully functional application for Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8. Any tablet running any of those OS's can run Accordance. However, a tablet running Android or Windows RT is a very, very different OS and cannot run Accordance.

On the mac side, Accordance runs fully featured for all current Mac OS versions, 10.6 Snow Leopard through 10.10 Yosemite. If there were any tablets running these OS's, then Accordance would work great. However, iOS, the operating system powering all iPhones and iPads, is a very, very different OS. This is akin to Android and Windows RT, and thus it does not run the full version of Accordance.

If Apple ever puts out a tablet that runs a full version of OS X, I'm sure many people would buy it in a snap, and Accordance would likely run very well.

Thanks for the info, Joel. It was as I suspected, as certain tablets run fully-fuctional versions of Windows, rather than a stripped down version, whereas iOS is not a port of OSX onto a mobile environment.

Thanks very much!

David