Internet Connection Timeout for Easy Install & Updates

Brent Lawrence

I just started getting an "Active Internet Connection not found" issue trying to use both Easy Install and Updates on my Mac and iPad. Our internet connection is working properly. Is this a server issue?

• Like 1

I was getting that a few days ago, and gave up. Works now.

Be sure your desktop app has been updated to 10.4.3.2 to prevent any server issues.

The iOS app hasn't been updated with the new server code, so if you do many updates it may cause an issue. Any server issues can be resolved by waiting a few hours and trying again, with the updated code.

I have 10.4.3, and select "Check for content upgrades". I get "Internet connection timed out - process cancelled" after about 20 seconds?? I'm getting a similar response when updating program on iPhone. Is the server down this morning?

Jmarkt, the latest and needed update is 10.4.3.2, not 10.4.3.

Thanks, Joel. When I attempt to update the App, the error window says "Update Error! An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later."

I did the app upgrate this morning to 4.3.2 and after doing the upgrade, I went to do a content update and I get a interent connection issue. It does the same thing when it looks for app upgrades.

If you had attempted to download updates before the upgrade, you may be blocked for a short time. Please try again later. Sorry for the hassles!

I started getting the same message on Sunday on my iPad 2 (but not Mac or Windows 8 laptop) but this then changed to the iPad stubbornly refusing to download updates. What now happens is that I click to download them and get the usual message to say they are downloading but then the updates disappear (and the message) and then they all re-appear not having downloaded at all.

I have just installed three updates on my Mac and Windows 8 with no problem but only two of them installed on the iPad and the third refuses to install and remains in the list of updates waiting to be installed, together with a bunch that first appeared as updates on Sunday but also refuse still to install.

When I contacted Accordance I was told that they were working to fix a bug with the iOS software - some conflict? - but worryingly that deleting the module to be updated and re-installing it afresh wasn't advised because some people then found they couldn't get their purchased module back at all!

Michael

Has this issue been resolved or does an update for iPad need to be released first? I don't want to attempt to re-download any module updates until I get the all clear.

The fix for the OS app has not yet been released. I had an issue with this last night, too. I understand that the update is coming soon.

OK great. Thanks for the info!

• 11 months later...

I'm experiencing this same issue today with Accordance 11.  Is Accordance server down presently?

The Internet Time out issue should not occur with 11.0.6, but you may have to change some internet settings on your computer.

On Mac in System Preferences:

You should  check the Energy Saver settings to make sure that your computer is not going to sleep during the download and causing the FTP error.

Check in Network/Advanced/Proxies and make sure that 'Auto Proxy Discover' and "Auto Proxy Configuration' are unchecked. If you need to uncheck them, click OK and then click APPLY.  Then try the download again.

If it still doesn't download, then please go back to that same 'Proxies' page and at the bottom of the page where it says Use Passive FTP mode (PASV), switch the check box selection (if it's checked, uncheck it and if it is unchecked, check it) and then try again.

In rare instances the permissions need to be reset on the Accordance folder.

On Windows:

On your Windows computer, you will need to click the settings gear in Internet Explorer and select Internet Options. Click on the Advanced tab and scroll to the end of the Settings window. Please check 'Use TLS 1.0' and then 'Apply'. This should take care of it for you.

Another possibility is that it could be the protection or anti-virus software preventing the download.