Greek Transliteration Pasting Problem

Beloved John

Greetings,

I just discovered a Greek transliteration pasting problem in Accordance. While setting active tab names I copied and pasted the Greek transliteration of a certain Greek word from the Instant Details window to the active tab, but it did not paste correctly.

Instant Details Window:

devise G3191 μελετάω meletaō
ἐμελέτησαν emeletēsan Verb third plural aorist active indicative to care for, study, practice, think about (Predicate)
I copied:
meletaō
It pasted as:

meletaÿ

It is pasting a 'y' instead of an 'o'.

I also attempted to use the Mac Character Viewer (from System Preferences), but it will not paste or drag and drop into the Accordance active tab field at all.

Please help. Thanks. :)

Hi j,

I am interested to know, how did you do the copy? If you have an ID open you can only copy the entire instant details as far as I know.

I found if I copied the ID from either the popover or the pane, I could paste it into a search box just fine. Remember that the lexeme (in this case the μελετάω won't work in an English text.

If you paste it into the transliteration field for (say) the Mounce Greek dictionary, it seems to work just fine.

So perhaps a screenshot (CMD-SHFT-4) of what you are trying would help...

Hi j,

I am interested to know, how did you do the copy? If you have an ID open you can only copy the entire instant details as far as I know.

I found if I copied the ID from either the popover or the pane, I could paste it into a search box just fine. Remember that the lexeme (in this case the μελετάω won't work in an English text.

If you paste it into the transliteration field for (say) the Mounce Greek dictionary, it seems to work just fine.

So perhaps a screenshot (CMD-SHFT-4) of what you are trying would help...

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your inquiry. If you remember my original post, I said that I had problems pasting the Greek transliteration into the field for the active tab, when I tried to set the active tab name. I did not attempt to search any modules. I left an example of what I did in my original post, yet there does not seem to be a way, at least that I know of, to attach an image to this post. I suppose that is an additional concern. Usually, clicking an image icon on the toolbar will allow me to find an image file on my computer and attach it to the post, but this toolbar seems to want a URL in order to attach an image file. I also tried dragging and dropping an image file from the Finder, but it doesn't seem to work either.

Anyhow, back to the matter at hand. I'm trying to figure out why the active tab is not displaying the text I input in its field when I tried to set the active tab name. Better said, it does display all of the text correctly, except for the last letter, which is accented. But that is weird because I copied the text from Accordance's Instant Details window. It's not like Accordance cannot read the text, you see.

Thanks

The search entry box of any tab will convert the characters pasted into the correct font for that text and field. Transliteration will work only in a transliteration field, or the Entry of Anchor and a few tools that use transliteration in the Entry.