citations bibliography copy paste

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dgzylstra

dgzylstra

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Music (especially Canadian independent rock). Computers, comic books, my kids, my wife (this is obviously not in order of importance), reading, etc....
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hello, Dearest Accordance iOS developers:

First, just to let you know, I love the work you've done porting Accordance to iOS so much that I've dropped my laptop altogether (passed it on to my wife, actually) and I now ONLY use my iPad. I've known that I would lose some functionality that way, but I haven't really missed anything up until nowó a testament to the work you've done.

But today I missed something for the first time really. A friend of mine is doing a paper for school and wanted to know if I could recommend any good resources for the life and times surrounding the second temple period. Naturally, I wanted to recommend "The Temple: Its Ministry and Services" by A. Edersheim to him. I tried to figure out a way to easily extract the bibliographical information for him so he could find a hard copy at his library. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that with Accordance iOS.

Some tools have that information written in at the beginning of the module (like a normal book wouldó "The Complete Gathered Gold", for example), but even then you'd have to copy by handwriting it, or line-by-line as copying a "paragraph" doesn't work with all the carriage returns in those sections of the book.

Further, I found that when copying a quote from a tool, such as "The Temple...", and pasting that quote into pages or some such thing, Accordance iOS does not automatically include some kind of citation. Of course, when we copy a Bible passage, then a proper citation shows up.

All this is a rather long winded way of saying that I would really value the ability to extract bibliographical resources from Accordance iOS modules easily so that I could cite, or refer friends to the wonderful resources I enjoy.

Thanks again for all your work folks. You're doing a great job... keep it up!

#2 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,014 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

It's definitely on the "to do" list, but I don't have an estimate for when this will show up in a release of the iOS app.

Thanks for the feedback,

Scott.

#3 mkroeker

mkroeker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for posting this and for what its worth would make a similar request. I am working on a commentary for Jonah and the citation ability would be very helpful. Thanks too for a great app that I am using exclusively for this seminary project.
Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (ESV)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: citations, bibliography, copy, paste

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users