GoTo Box Shortcut

Clint Cozier

Is there a way to move the focus to the GoTo Box from the keyboard? Often I need to jump to a different reference and I'd love a keyboard shortcut that brought the GoTo Box into focus with the insertion bar active in the box. Surely I'm missing something very simple.

Thanks.

tab

Well, one tab often highlights your entry box, and a second tab highlights the GoTo. So, in Clint's case, I'd recommend a tab-tab.

Tab works in a Search pane, but it doesn't work in a Text pane if the focus is already in the GoTo field. Enter a reference in a Text pane and press enter. Now, tab does nothing. I wish that tab would select the contents of the GoTo field so I could enter another reference. Instead, I have to press ⌘A.

Guys,

He's talking about the minimalist Text Window you get when you do something like Amplify/Context.

That window has a GoTo box, but no Search box, and the Tab-highlights-the-entire-box-contents function is [most certainly unintentionally] missing.

Clint/Darin, if the selection is in text, then Tab will highlight the GoTo box, just not if the blinker is in the GoTo box.

When that is the case, you can use to highlight the GoToBox:

⌘A (command a)

⇧↑ (shift left arrow) (when the insertion point is at the end of the text in the GoTo Box)

⌥⇥ (option tab, to put the selection in the text area), then ⇥ (tab, to highlight the GoTo Box)

You may want to consider a workflow that uses the full Search Text window more often.

Edited by Joe Weaks

Thanks for that, Joe. ⌥⇥ ⇥ does exactly what I want. It gets me into the GoTo box and selects the contents, regardless of where the focus was or what was selected before.