Abingdon works

Matthew Johnson

This may not be the place to ask this, but does Accordance approach publishing houses requesting modules or is it approached by publishing companies or both?

Rick Mansfield can attest that this whole discussion has gotten me stirred up - partly because I am a brand/product loyalist if I like the product and the producers treat me well. Both of these can be said about Accordance. In fact, the product and the staff are poster children for awesomeness in my book. It got me to thinking as I continue to create my own Methodist modules using the CCEL at Wheaton - I'd really love to have Wesley's works along with some other stuff like the New Interpreter's Bible.

Abingdon, the company that publishes the NIB and possibly Wesley's works, uses some awful Folio format that's only for Windows users. Is this something that Abingdon could approach Accordance about or would they have to hear from Accordance first - like, "We want to produce and sell XXXXX."?

I'd like to start annoying some people in Nashville but if that's not how modules are produced I'll leave it alone. I do know some folks. I don't know if you know this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

(Had to add the end - appropriate for today ;-)

Matthew,

See this post from late 2006 that discusses the NIB in particular and Abingdon in general.

If you get some up-to-date contact info for Abingdon, please let us know. I'd happily pester them again about working with Accordance.

Lorinda

Matthew,

See this post from late 2006 that discusses the NIB in particular and Abingdon in general.

If you get some up-to-date contact info for Abingdon, please let us know. I'd happily pester them again about working with Accordance.

Lorinda

Will do. I was kidding about my importance - almost all of that was a line from the movie "Anchorman" - but I went to seminary with some folks who work in Nashville and I think I could make some connections through them. Based on what I've read in this thread and the one you linked, it seems like a no-brainer for Abingdon - do it. Of course, if you are also United Methodist you know that we never bat 1.000 when it comes to no-brainer decisions :(

Will do. I was kidding about my importance - almost all of that was a line from the movie "Anchorman" - but I went to seminary with some folks who work in Nashville and I think I could make some connections through them.

I figured you were kidding about the influence part, although I didn't recognize the movie reference. :)

Lorinda

I was waiting for the first April Fool post, thanks Matthew!

Seriously though, mostly we approach publishers but more and more they are coming to us. We'll take it either way. A little pressure from the public doesn't hurt either.

Archived