Certain Scripture Hyperlinks Stopped Working in 8.1.1

John Tadlock

I am running 10.5.5 on a 12" G4 PowerBook. I updated to Accordance 8.1.1 from 8.0.2. and immediately started playing with the new hyperlinks for User Tools. I greatly appreciate links to other Accordance modules (although I wish there would be an option for scrolling within the same module) and the links to internet URLs. Thank you very much!

But I am now having a problem with certain scripture links that use to work fine.

The problem occurs with scripture links that span two or more chapters. For example "Genesis 1:1-4:26". Interestingly, existing links seem to work. But when I tried to move a paragraph by cutting and pasting that had several links such as the one above I would get the following error message after trying to "Update":

The characters in the hyperlink are invalid or ambiguous.

The hyperlink must be either a valid Scripture reference, a valid URL address, or a valid tool link.

Changing the references to plain text for each fixed the update problem, but now I don't have the links I want.

Further testing shows that any new hyperlink that spans multiple chapters gives me this error.

Helen has addressed the issue here.

Basically this is a bug which was introduced with the new links in User Tools in 8.1 and wasn't caught before 8.1.1.

Helen has addressed the issue here.

Basically this is a bug which was introduced with the new links in User Tools in 8.1 and wasn't caught before 8.1.1.

Thank you. I did try to search the forums first but somehow missed this thread. I appreciate the reference. I will be patient while awaiting the fix.

Archived