The Voice translation

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

This morning, one of my parishioners mentioned hearing about a new translation. It's called "The Voice" (http://www.hearthevoice.com/) and sounds like an interesting take on the dynamic equivalence approach.

It sounds like it has created a bit of a stir given some of the translation decisions, and thus would be helpful for a pastor to have for that reason alone. (Especially since what the secular news outlets are reporting about it is not completely accurate.)

Any chance it would be coming to Accordance soon?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I know this thread was posted several months ago, but I concur... I'd really like to have this module available. I think it would be very helpful in helping my congregation engage with Scripture in a more dynamic way.

• 7 months later...

I concur. I love this translation and often read it from the pulpit. I would love to have the ability to read it side by side with another translation.

Having seen this translation in paper, I concur it would be a great addition to the text library. (a former prof of mine - David Capes, was the lead scholar on the project ...)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw my vote in as well...

Count me out.

Me neither.

[i have commented elsewhere on the glut of English versions available.]

• 2 years later...

To follow up, given recent interest in the Voice in this thread, I purchased the Voice in print.  It is an interesting translation, very handing for "dramatizing" the Scripture and/or doing a reader's theater.  The "explanatory" additions to the text are all in italics, so it's easy to see what has been added.  I would still be interested in having this available in Accordance.

Lorinda

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

bump