multiple word studies/types of resources in a tab (/turn a whole workspace into a tab)

Chris Robinson

Because the Bible is central I like to have a tab with just the Bible in it and my other resources elsewhere (when I'm working with English, anyway). It would be useful to be able to have another tab that contained multiple word resources so I could triple click to one that is linked with the others. Ideally this page could also contain the Biblical text in question. (For instance, triple clicking an OT word in ESVS would switch it to the OT Resources tab with BHS, HALOT, Hebrew keys (by necessity unless triple clicking is more customizable than I think).

The ability to have multiple types of resources within a single tab makes sense and would allow users to utilize the tab functionality in an even better way. Whether this is done by adding another level of tab (workspace tabs?) which may be useful to power users but would probably just be confusing for everybody else or by just allowing multiple types of resources to be included in tabs that are already available.

I understand that currently each tab has only one search bar so multiple types of resources may be more difficult than multiple word studies. Aesthetically the program could look a lot better if word resources could be tied to a single search (like texts). I often have 3 different word resources tied to my primary one---which makes for 4 different search bars that say "[Link BDAG]" --- why not just have the Link BDAG assumed as it is when I search ESVS in a tab with ESV and GNT-T open? Interestingly, I rarely even use the first search bar---triple click in GNT-T fills in all of the search information for me. On a smaller screen, seeing the texts themselves is obscured by the search bars that I am not even using. IMO, this would be a major UI improvement.

Thanks for listening to me ask you to make your program to suit my every desire!

If you have Accordance version 9, you can put the word study resources in a separate workspace and have each module in its own zone.

Yeah, I have version 9 and it is light years better than the bunch of floating windows I used to use. I just like having everything in one tabbed window/have a small screen and would love to get back the real estate that so many search bars take up.

Archived