IOS 1.3 Copy and Paste

John Fidel

Two questions:

1. How do you now copy and paste. Holding down on a word does not bring up the dialog to allow for copy/paste as in 1.2?

2. I like the icon to add context to a search hit, but would like to get back to the search results somehow.. am I missing something?

Thanks

Two questions:

1. How do you now copy and paste. Holding down on a word does not bring up the dialog to allow for copy/paste as in 1.2?

2. I like the icon to add context to a search hit, but would like to get back to the search results somehow.. am I missing something?

Sorry, the title of this post should be Copy and Paste...

Thanks

1. You'll notice we said verse level copying to the clipboard. Tap and hold on a verse reference and choose "Copy Verse". In reading mode you can expand the number of verses both before and after the selected verse. When browsing search results you currently can only copy the selected verse.

2. I assume you are referring to the book icon? This does not actually add context but clears the current search results while leaving the user at the same verse (or paragraph in tool modules) location. If you want to add context to the search results, there is a setting under the search options view brought up by tapping the "Options" button in the search interface. Change the context and rerun the search. Or you can use the main settings view to set the default text module search context to "All" and then use the up/down arrows in the bottom toolbar to navigate the search results. This is the mode I usually work in.

Scott

Hi you copy and paste by holding the verse number bit on the left of the verses, it will give you that option and a few others, I don't think there is a way to copy specific verses or words at this time.

1. You'll notice we said verse level copying to the clipboard. Tap and hold on a verse reference and choose "Copy Verse". In reading mode you can expand the number of verses both before and after the selected verse. When browsing search results you currently can only copy the selected verse.

2. I assume you are referring to the book icon? This does not actually add context but clears the current search results while leaving the user at the same verse (or paragraph in tool modules) location. If you want to add context to the search results, there is a setting under the search options view brought up by tapping the "Options" button in the search interface. Change the context and rerun the search. Or you can use the main settings view to set the default text module search context to "All" and then use the up/down arrows in the bottom toolbar to navigate the search results. This is the mode I usually work in.

Scott

Thanks for the reply.

Archived