I've noticed that Nelson Reference has delayed WBC CD Mac

David Hunt

I've noticed that the Word Biblical Commentary CD-ROM Macintosh that was

to be released Monday Nov. 13th has been delayed. They have

dropped the item from their website and vendors are announcing the delay.

Very disappointing.

Dave Hunt

Yes, there has been a slight delay. The Word Biblical Commentary for Mac (with Accordance of course) is now in beta testing. We do plan to take pre-release orders at the ETS and AAR/SBL meetings next week, and to ship before the end of the year.

.....in beta testing. We do plan to take pre-release orders at the ETS and AAR/SBL meetings next week, and to ship before the end of the year.....

Helen,

Are Accordance pre-orders now generally permissible ?

Accordance Pre-Orders ? - July 28, 2006

Specifically permissible for those not attending ETS and AAR/SBL?

• 1 month later...

Helen,

Are we still on track for the release of WBC in "late" December or will

it be after the first of the year?

Will those of us who have pre-ordered WBC get an email alerting us that it

has been mailed or will it just show up on our "purchased items" page as

an order in process?

Thanks!

Dave

Yes, it was delayed as we wanted to get it right! It turned out to be such a massive project, and wih so many stumbling blocks, that we only completed the master this week. However, it is done and in production.

We expect to ship the product within a couple of weeks. At that point we will charge your card and send you the invoice by email as a notification.

We do apologise for the delay, several people have slaved over this and tried to meet repeated deadlines, but we could not release it until we were satisfied with the result. Now we are confident that we will not need to apologise for the modules themselves.

• 1 month later...

Last I've heard WBC was slated to ship in early(?) February. Is this still the plan?

Sorry, we now expect to receive the packages in mid February and will ship them ASAP.

• 5 weeks later...

The latest I've seen on this is first week of March, with an official invoice by COB today. Is everything still on track with these projections?

Nelson should be shipping to us this week, and we are charging and emailing invoices during this week, expecting to ship the product to you next week AFTER you confirm the shipping address.

That is great news, Helen! Thanks for the prompt response. Now if only we could get Apple to talk a little about their schedule for Leopard, iLife and iWork... :)

Archived