Creating new User Bible

Cameron

I could really use a little help here.

I'm using a Bible in Zulu to build an interlinear English / Zulu Bible as a "User Bible" (File->User Files->Import new Bible I'm writing the new bible in the vi editor)

I'm doing this in the Mac Terminal using vi and SED commands to auto-translate the text as I build the original zulu text into the file.

My primary purpose is to expand my Zulu diction as I study the language, and increase my ability to preach in Zulu, along with my English.

I have a couple of challenges.

1. I'm supposed to use a text character for a paragraph, but haven't seen any documentation on what character that would be. I could really use advice on what to use, and how to input it correctly in vi.

2. I have observed that in some versions we are able to see a translated Heb/Gk word in the "Text Details" window. Is there any way we can utilize that window for user Bibles?

I'm having some other challenges, but they may be connected to this first question of how to natively import the paragraph character, so any assistance with the first question would really help!

Thanks,

cam

Helen,

HOWDY!!

I'm actually doing this in vi in the MAC's BASH shell. I'll not bore you with the details, but it boils down to enabling words to be translated en-masse as the zulu text grows. Yes, I'm doing this to learn the language and the underlying translation isn't a critical translation, just for personal use - this really helps with my zulu preaching effort and language development...

Anyway, I found that the ascii pipe "|" is being allowed as the character for the paragraph when I import. Does this sound right to you?

Thank you very much for your time!

Cam

Archived