Value of Scholar's Standard to Premium?

mikes

I'm trying to gauge the value (to me) of upgrading from Scholar's Standard to Premium.

I'm an amateur, largely self-taught greek student (somewhere between first and second year with a quarter of attic in college MANY years ago) and hope to jump into hebrew just outside of a year from now.

The only english bible I can think that I would like to add on would be the new NRSV package (i.e. have to fork out the upgrade $20+ anyway).

I like the LXX resources, but it lacks the parallel module in the MT-LXX add-on package. So it seems as though I'd be better off with that add-on as I progress in my greek.

That leaves Spicq and Stevens Greek with the two hebrew resources I'd get marginal use out of (I suspect... tell me if I'm wrong!).

It seems to me that the MT-LXX+Parallel is for those deep into analysing the underlying Hebrew of the LXX. It may not be something you need yet seeing as you haven't even started Hebrew.

To my way of thinking, the LXX alone is worth the cost of the upgrade. In fact, I distinctly remembering paying $100 not too many years ago just for that Accordance module. The two Greek and two Hebrew resources are a nice bonus, as is the extra English Bible.

To my way of thinking, the LXX alone is worth the cost of the upgrade. In fact, I distinctly remembering paying $100 not too many years ago just for that Accordance module. The two Greek and two Hebrew resources are a nice bonus, as is the extra English Bible.

Great point. I went ahead with the upgrade. As a side note, you'll need the newer 8.1 DVD (my 8.0 dvd didn't have a few of those resources).

Thanks!

Mike

The Premier modules are all on the Primary 8.0 DVD as well, they just may not have correctly installed in your case.

Archived