Concordance search results

Gedalya

After a search in a Bible text, I can also view the results as a concordance listing. However, only if the list is "short" can I actually see a list that includes not just the biblical reference (for eg Ex. 29:1) but also the text of the biblical listing:

Ex. 29:1 for them to consecrate them so that

Ex. 29:9 you are to consecrate Aaron and
Is there a way that your developers can update the program so that the text appears in the concordance listing all the time, no matter how many results there are in the search?
This would be a great addition.

Just type Command-T (control-T on Windows) from your Concordance dialog to set its display options. From there, you want to increase the 'Text excerpts' option under Display thresholds to a sufficiently large number to give you the excerpts you desire.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joel,

I did a search on the word מלאכה which came up with 44 hits. When I looked at the search results in the concordance mode, all I got was a list of verses but not one of the biblical citations had a text excerpt. Why is this?

Joel is away at the moment, so I'll try to help out.

I am not sure you given us enough information to troubleshoot the problem. I've attached a screenshot, showing the concordance view. I have also included the Text Display settings window (command-T), so you can see where the excerpt size is set. Make sure you have yours set to three words or more.

Notice that we can set the threshholds for text excerpts, too. I have chosen to display excepts only when the results include up to 50 hits.

It is also possible that you already have this information displayed, but need to scroll down to receive it.

I hope one of these suggestions will help. If not, please contact technical support directly.

post-29215-0-25185900-1393429937_thumb.png

Dr. J,

I did everything that you recommended but still get only chapter/verse.

How do I attach a screen shot?

If you are on a Mac, type Cmd+shift+3. IF you are on Windows, use a screenshot utility.

In either case, please make sure your Text Display Setting window is open and not obscuring any other important information on your workspace. Post it here and I'll do my best to troubleshoot it remotely.

If you are on a Mac, type Cmd+shift+3. IF you are on Windows, use a screenshot utility.

In either case, please make sure your Text Display Setting window is open and not obscuring any other important information on your workspace. Post it here and I'll do my best to troubleshoot it remotely.

Here's the screen shot.

Whoa! That's a small pict!

OK, from what I can see, you have well over 200 hits, but you have your threshold for excerpts set to 50(?)

Set your threshold higher, to 200-400, as I have done in this screenshot. That should take care of it.

post-29215-0-22958800-1393438170_thumb.png

You are very welcome!