Nonexistant verse in Notes Edit

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

While adding some notes to Luke 3, I looked up at my edit notes and saw the verse reference (for the note I was writing) listed as Rev. 22:23449. Obviously this is nonexistant. I cut the text and closed the edit window. I was asked if I wanted to save the edit, and I clicked yes. A warning dialog flashed on the screen and then disappeared, too quickly for me to read it. When I clicked in the correct verse and hit Command-U, everything worked as it should

I am guessing that this is just a fluke related to something odd on my computer; this is the second time today Accordance has misbehaved, Firefox was as slow as molasses, and I found a strangely named file on my desktop. I have since shut down and restarted. I'll let you know if I see this behavior again, but I wanted to report it now before I lost the specific fictitious verse reference, just in case that was significant.

Thanks again for an awesome program!

Rev. 22:23449.

How interesting--I saw this earlier today in my "Go To" box (not in the "Edit" window), except it read on different occasions Rev. 22:24887, 24847, and 24855. It happens consistently whenever I click inside the My Notes pane.

One variable: it is happening on my G5 desktop, but not on my PowerBook G4, both of which are running Accordance 7.1.

That is interesting! I'm working on an iBook G4, Mac OS 10.4.8, Accordance 7.1. When I add a notes pane and click on it, the "Go to" Box reverts to Genesis 1:2 (perhaps normal behavior?) If I click in a verse in a text pane, the "Go to" box shifts to the verse I've clicked in.

So far since my complete restart I haven't seen the odd Revelation verse behavior, but I haven't done a lot of note taking since then, either.

By the way, when Accordance restarted, I did see the warning dialog that disappeared. It was something about extra characters after the verse reference.

• 2 weeks later...

It happened again today. I've had Accordance open most of the day, usually in the background while I've been doing other things. Tonight I started working more directly with it, editing user notes and user tools, etc. I shifted over to NeoOffice to read a .doc file with notes on this Sunday's readings. I copied a passage to paste into my notes, returned to Accordance, clicked on the correct tab (a text tab, not a search tab), clicked in John 2:1. When the user note popped up, it was labeled Rev. 22:24496.

A bit more information: While I had already had some notes in the user notes for John 2:1, they did not appear in the Rev. 22:24496 Edit User notes window. When I closed the odd window and, clicked in John 2:1 again, and then pressed command-U, the edit user note popped up correctly, with my previous notes intact.

I have had a lot of apps running today. Don't know if that makes any difference or not.

Archived