LXX Reader

Russell Beatty

I've been able to do some amazing things with Accordance. For instance, I can do a word count of [COUNT 1-20] in the GNT28-T and then put in my LXX1 [HITS GNT28-T] <AND> [RANGE Dan] and have every word that appears 20 times or less appear in Daniel (highlights in red). BUT, that doesn't include the words that do not appear in the GNT. Can I get those words to highlight as well in my Daniel Reader? How would I do that?

Thanks,

Russell

To build up a list of words that occur in the LXX1 and not the GNT28-T, you need two tabs:

1) GNT28-T search for * Words, to highlight all words.

2) LXX1 search for *@-[HITS GNT28-T]. This will show just the words that appear in the LXX but not in the GNT28-T.

Then, bring in these new results into your Daniel Reader:

[HITS GNT28-T-Count] [HITS LXX1] [Range Dan]

(note, some of your tab names may be different, be sure you are getting the correct tab each time, or rename some tabs for clarity)

Let me know how this works for you!

• Like 1

Thanks so much!

I'm still working on this. I've not been able to get this to work yet. It doesn't like GNT28-T-Count.

Did you rename your original GNT28-T tab to GNT28-T-Count? You can rename a tab with Command-Option-N (ctrl+alt+N on Windows). I did this name change to not confuse the different GNT28-T searches that you were linking to with HITS commands.

Update: I now have four tabs. 1. GNT28-T with the search: *; 2. GNT28-T 2 with the search: [COUNT 1-20]; 3. LXX1: *@-[HITS GNT28-T]; 4. LXX 2 (My Daniel Reader): [HITS GNT-T 2] <OR> [HITS LXX1] <AND> [Range Dan]. This seems to be rendering the results that I'm looking for, but I am getting some overlap. Joel, do you see anything that I've messed up?

Never mind! This is working! Thanks Joel!