A Method of Dismissing the Library pop-up

Enoch

I would like to be able to X out of the Library pop-up without having to access the Window menu at the top (then unchecking Library).

Perhaps there is some say to do this already, but I haven't yet found it. I am referring to the left side of the screen library pane (pop up pane) which appears when one checks Library in the windows menu).

I grant it's curious that the Ctrl-Alt-1 brings up the popup but does not dismiss it, as it performs both functions in non-popup mode, but just clicking anywhere on the workspace outside the library popup will cause it to vanish. Does that help ?

Thx

D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your usual helpfulness, Daniel,

but clicking on the workspace does nothing (zilch) to the library pane on the left, that is for me.

I still know of no way to get rid of it without going to the top menus.

Hey Enoch, I cannot repro. what you are seeing. Are you on 10.4.3.2 on Mac (I think you are on Mac right ?) But I have another suggestion. You can put the library icon in the tool bar and that will remove the need to navigate the menu, but alas it's still mouse work.

Oh - a sudden thought - it happens on occasion - still startles me !

OK - are you sure you have the library in popover mode ? Perhaps it's actually not. Could you double check your preferences and see that the preference in the Workspaces tab "Always show library as a popover (override with shift key)" is checked ?

And then if you are on a Mac then the key sequence is not Ctrl-Alt-1 (that's windows) but Command-Option-1.

Tx

D

Hey Enoch, I cannot repro. what you are seeing. Are you on 10.4.3.2 on Mac (I think you are on Mac right ?) But I have another suggestion. You can put the library icon in the tool bar and that will remove the need to navigate the menu, but alas it's still mouse work.

Oh - a sudden thought - it happens on occasion - still startles me !

OK - are you sure you have the library in popover mode ? Perhaps it's actually not. Could you double check your preferences and see that the preference in the Workspaces tab "Always show library as a popover (override with shift key)" is checked ?

And then if you are on a Mac then the key sequence is not Ctrl-Alt-1 (that's windows) but Command-Option-1.

Tx

D

you remind me of my aunt who had a specialty of cooking "pop-overs." I had no idea there was such thing as "pop-over mode." My library opens in a pane at the left of the screen, a rather narrow pane from top to bottom. Thanks for the suggestions. What is it that happens on occasion & startles you?

This was an attempt at self-deprecating humour :

"Oh - a sudden thought - it happens on occasion - still startles me !"

That I actually had a thought, which does still happen occasionally. And that I had a thought startled me :)

And what is a pop-over as cooked by your aunt ?

Thx

D

• 2 weeks later...

This was an attempt at self-deprecating humour :

"Oh - a sudden thought - it happens on occasion - still startles me !"

That I actually had a thought, which does still happen occasionally. And that I had a thought startled me :)

And what is a pop-over as cooked by your aunt ?

Thx

D

It is hard to describe. In some ways it resembles a puffy biscuit. Here is an internet def: "A popover is a light, hollow roll made from an egg batter similar to that of Yorkshire pudding, typically baked in muffin tins or dedicated popover pans, which have straight-walled sides rather than angled."

I had some nice pictures after googling "pop-up food," but kept getting system refusals like "that extension is not allowed on this community (.jpg).

Thanx - hmmm.... might take a shot at making them.

D