Request: Septuagint Lexicon by Muraoka

Peter Brylov Christensen

I was wondering if there currently are any plans on including Takamitsu Muraoka's two volume dictionary "A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint" (2009) and "A Greek ≈ Hebrew/Aramaic Two-way Index to the Septuagint" (2010). They would be great supplements to LEH Septuagint Lexicon, which is of an older date (1992, 1997, 2003).

With kind regards

Pchris

Edited by Pchris
  • Like 1

Ah okay, great, thanks! Good to be brought up to date on the subject. According to Abram K-J (December 28th 2013) the publisher is holding back on releasing any kind of electronic version for unknown reasons, and Helen Brown mentions that Muraoka himself isn't ready for it yet (August 6th 2011). Not a good prognosis to say the least - one can only hope that they have changed their minds since then..

Edited by Pchris

Agreed! I'd love to have either of those in Accordance, even though I have them in print.

• Like 1

Having these in Accordance would be a huge boon to Septuagint studies! Maybe Abram's recent review will help nudge Peeters in that direction…

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Is there an Accordance resource that mimics Muraoka's A Greek-Hebrew/Aramaic Two-way Index to the Septuagint? Sort of how Logos software has the pie chart occurrences of each Hebrew and Greek "equivalent" in the OT.

Thanks!

The MT-LXX Parallel allows you to create similar pie charts as well as interlinear, analysis, and searches of the way one word is translated in the other text.