User Tools

Justin Burt

Two questions:

1. Does the Instant Details Box display more than one verse at a time inside User Tools? For example I have Genesis 2:16-17 but only Genesis 2:16 is displayed the the instant details box.

2. In Preferences Tool Display, I have ESV as my default translation and the ITB (Indonesian) as my alternative translation. Is there a reason every I open the program I have to switch it from AF? I have to right click and reset the "Set Tool Display" every time I open it, back to the ESV and ITB because ASV is selected in both default and alternative.

I know there must be something simple, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks

In case it helps, the ITB is a User Bible.

Justin,

1. No, it doesn't show more than one verse at a time. You can set up two separate hyperlinks if you want to see both verses in the instant details box, or click on the link to see both verses in a separate tab/window.

2. When you say "open the program" do you mean start Accordance? If so, then you need to set your default search text in Preferences -> Search Window. To change the default text/alternate text for a user tool, hit command-t, select the text(s) you want, then choose "Use As Default." That will only affect that tool, I believe, but it should make it consistently use those texts. Otherwise, I think it chooses the first text in your search text list to show in instant details (in user tools). I do not see a preference item to set the default/alternate texts for user tools, but I might be missing it (the regular tool option preferences do not seem to affect user tools in this regard).

• 3 weeks later...

On the Training DVD David explains how to make a user note look like a single note connected to several verses. I have done it a couple times but usually the bulk of my notes is, well, my notes. It is like type the reference as several verses that I am working within or the chapter. Then enter my note for v.3 and delete the reference then a note for v.5 and delete the reference and so forth through the passage as needed. The expanded note scrolls as a set of notes without the references showing. Might be a little tidier I guess.

I like Davids trick for using white type on white boxes for maps for tests also.

Wesped

Archived