New highlights file not appearing on sync list

Steve King

I have created a new highlights file using Accordance on the macbook. When I sync to an IOS device (iPad or iPhone) the new file is not included in the list of highlight files available for sync and therefore I cannot copy it to the device.

Hi, Steve!

Could you please provide us with the versions of Accordance you are using on your Mac and your iOS device? It will help us track this issue down.

Thanks!

Sorry I forgot to add that information.

I'm currently running Accordance 10.1.7 on a macbook with OSX 10.8.3. The same issue was happening in Accordance 10.1.6.

The IOS version of Accordance is 1.6.5 running on IOS 1.6.4 on the iPhone and 1.6.3 on the iPad

I have created a new highlights file using Accordance on the macbook. When I sync to an IOS device (iPad or iPhone) the new file is not included in the list of highlight files available for sync and therefore I cannot copy it to the device.

Hi Steve,

I have confirmed the issue with newly created highlight files. I think the newly created highlight file is now created without file type meta data. The bug is that highlight files need to have this meta data to show up in the sync list.

Also, the file type meta data can be lost syncing with Dropbox, etc.

As far as I can tell, this bug has been around since at least 10.1.5.

I am not sure when we could release a fix for this, but in the meantime you can use Joe Weaks' helpful droplet to restore the highlight file meta data.

Joe still has them available here: http://macbiblioblog.../downloads.html (Accordance File Type Fixer).

The highlight file is considered an Accordance Preference (ACC1) file type.

Let us know if this work around helps.

Sorry for the hassles,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have used Joe's droplet app and that has worked (Thanks Joe). It just so happens that in this particular highlight file I have highlighted words not verses. As this was done on the ESVS at first I thought there was a problem because I could not see any highlights. I was looking at ESVi with Strongs. Possibly something you are already aware of but it does mean that if you use the ESV for highlighting you have to have the version you use on the mac also on the IOS device otherwise your highlights might not be available in certain circumstances.

Thanks for the workround info.