return from search on ipad

revjed

I am new to Accordance on my mac an ipad. I have searched for the answer to the following question, but haven't been able to find an answer.

Let's say I am reading from John 3. I find a word in John 3 I want to search for like 'perish.' I do a word search for perish and the verses are displayed with the references. Now, after I have finished reading through the references, how do I return to reading John 3? Is there a back button of some sort or a hand gesture that will take me back to my reading?

Eric

Edited by revjed

Eric,

On the Mac, rather than doing your search for "perish" in the same tab you're reading from, simply right-click the word and choose Word from the Search for submenu of the contextual menu. A new tab will open showing the search result and you merely need to go back to the tab containing John 3.

On the iPad, do a long tap on the word, then click Search and Word. Unfortunately, the search seems to use the current search view rather than opening a new one. In that case, you would navigate to John 3 in your search result, then long tap on the Search icon and choose the Read option.

Hope this helps.

I am new to Accordance on my mac an ipad. I have searched for the answer to the following question, but haven't been able to find an answer.

Let's say I am reading from John 3. I find a word in John 3 I want to search for like 'perish.' I do a word search for perish and the verses are displayed with the references. Now, after I have finished reading through the references, how do I return to reading John 3? Is there a back button of some sort or a hand gesture that will take me back to my reading?

Eric

If you had used the search entry box to navigate to John 3 it would be saved in your search history so that after doing a word search you could tap on the history icon and return to that point. If you use the GoTo wheel/list/grid it is not saved in the search history and you would need to manually navigate back to it after a search.

Thank you very much. You both have been a big help. One other question. Let's same I a reading in John 3 and I want to do a word search for a word not found in John 3 like hate. After I read the list of verses, is there a different (simpler) way to return to John 3 than going to the list of Bible books and selecting John 3?

Thank you very much. You both have been a big help. One other question. Let's same I a reading in John 3 and I want to do a word search for a word not found in John 3 like hate. After I read the list of verses, is there a different (simpler) way to return to John 3 than going to the list of Bible books and selecting John 3?

The same scenario would apply. If you used the search entry to nav to John 3 you can return to it from the history; otherwise you wiill have to go there manually.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have found this exact situation a little annoying. A simple back arrow button would be appreciated in a future release.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. A simpler way to return to Bible reading on iOS devices would be great after doing a search. I can usually muddle my way back to it but it is not intuitive at all.

I have been searching for " * " verses and then navigating back to where I was reading :) This cuts a few steps out...thank you!!