6.9.1 upgrade stalls with 31 files to install

JamesN

I have a Mac dual 867 running System 10.3.9, 1.75kGB of RAM and plenty of hard disk space. I have attempted 3 times to upgrade 6.9 with the 6.9.1 updater and each time it quickly spins up to all but 31 remaining files to update which it apparently cannot find. I left it for at least 3/4's hour before force quitting the update package, deleting the partial 6.9.1 file, restarting the computer and trying again. Each time with the same results.

Any suggestions? Should I try double clicking on 6.9.1 and seeing what happens? I am afraid of possibly messing up preference files if I try to start up 6.9.1 before the installer completey finishes the installation.

Do I need to try again and let it sit overnight trying to finish the 31 remaining files? Would appreciate your suggestions.

Jim

That should be plenty of time. I do not know what is happening, but if the icon of 6.9.1 looks OK, you are probably OK to try it. I would first make a copy of the Accordance settings

Thanks,

It seems to work OK even without the 31 missing files (whatever they might have been).

Jim

Archived