user verse notes

Marco79

Greetings everyone,

Is there a way to copy my verse notes that I composed? Not the whole file of course, just one verse note at a time. It would be very helpful if I could copy a verse note and paste it into an email if needed.

Also, I am not able to get the scripture reference (blue link) to work yet. Does ios 1.5.3 support the blue scripture links yet?

Thank you for your help

Marco

ios 1.5.3

Edited by Marco79

Press and hold on your user note text. Select All. Copy. Press home button. Select Email. Press and hold your finger in the email body section. Choose Paste. Done! :)

For the blue scripture reference, you'll need to do the same press and hold your finger on the blue link trick to get a menu to pop up with options such as Copy Verse, Highlight Verse, User Note, etc... If that is not the blue scripture link you are referring to, please clarify.

This does not work for me. When I press and hold a bubble appears which magnifys the text but that is all.

The scripture links only work with the user tools but not the user notes. Although they do work when I am using the computer.

Edited by Marco79

Currently, the only way to copy an individual note in the iOS app is to open the desired verse note in the user note editing view, select all the text, and copy it to the system clipboard. I agree this is less than ideal.

And as you've surmised, scripture links in user notse do not currently work in the iOS app. Enhancing the user note views to behave more like the desktop app is on the to do list for future versions.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Thank you, & Happy Sunday,

I can live with that. It's just nice to know there is a way to copy the user notes. Although I was wondering, If I accidentally make a change to the verse note while coping it, does that change go to the computer when I sync the next time. And if so, is there a way to make sure that the changes are one way during syncing? I use the computer to do my writing and use the phone for a refference. It would be nice to know that I can make some setting so the syncing would only go one way.

Bless you

• 1 month later...

working Scripture links in user notes for iOS would be great in the future, especially if you have an option to touch the link and either go to that passage OR have a smaller text window open with the passage. Really hoping this aids in preaching. Thanks!

• Like 1

working Scripture links in user notes for iOS would be great in the future, especially if you have an option to touch the link and either go to that passage OR have a smaller text window open with the passage. Really hoping this aids in preaching. Thanks!

I agree about the Scripture links in notes. In the absence of this in notes, I have found that putting my sermons in a User Tool has allowed me to use the iPad almost exclusively for preaching. I've been thinking of preparing a blog post on utilizing this feature. While I appreciate the User Notes and whatever changes Accordance is making to enhance it, quite honestly, I have found the User Tool to be the best for allowing me to use the iPad to preach from. This is also great for me because I can ditch my reading glasses and just make the font larger in the User Tool.

If the notes have a similar functionality in the future, this will be handy for expository preaching and teaching to go verse by verse and have the notes available with supporting Scripture links in the notes.

• Like 1

I actually do the very same thing Brent. The user tool feature is great for doing this!

My pastor is preaching from his iPad, too. It was funny this morning when he was talking about how Jonathan Edwards read his sermon, "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God," holding his notes right in front of his face. Pastor started to demonstrate by holding his iPad up and then said, "No, not that," then quickly grabbed his Bible (which was closed). Had to laugh as did the rest of the congregation.

I should give this a try for teaching Sunday school.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully, the app is remarkably stable. The thought occurred to me this morning (quite literally in the middle of preaching - I hate when that happens) "What if the app crashes? I have no back up notes." This is part of the beauty of Accordance and the iOS app is that it has provided incredible stability. I have three other Bible software packages on the iPad and none of them have ever been a consideration for using them for this purpose.

• 2 months later...

The trouble is, I do my preparation on the iPad and don't think i have access to the user tools. A blog would be good, but I rarely use the MBP these days as the iPad is so convenient, always within reach and instantly on and convenient to hold. And to think, I couldn't see the point of them when they were first launched... ;o)

• 4 weeks later...

Ooo...I definitely agree with the feature request that the User Notes have the "clickable links" like the User Tools, with the same formatting capabilities as the desktop version--and/or making the User Tools similarly editable on mobile devices. Like ukfraser, I use multiple devices while preparing messages, and it would be A Really Great Thing to be able to do everything in the user notes and/or tools. As it stands now, if I ultimately want to use the iPad in delivery, then in preparation, I have to use an external app to make notes on a mobile device, and then work those notes into a User Tool on the computer--and then remember to sync the desktop content with the iPad. So, more transparent syncing would be useful too, either via Dropbox or iCloud. Can I cram any more feature requests into this topic?

As a (hopefully useful) comparison, OliveTree user notes can be displayed in either a popup or a separate pane/window, edited on any device, and scripture references automatically become live links. Syncing is a one-button operation (still not quite transparent enough, in my opinion, but definitely easier than in Accordance), and the notes don't support text formatting.

Edited by JLG

• 1 year later...

Enhancing the user note views to behave more like the desktop app is on the to do list for future versions.

Where does this stand? This feature (working links in user notes) would radically enhance my ability to use iOS for teaching.

Hi Christopher, there are lots of different threads in the iOS feature request section with a few hints and other suggestions about user notes. however, looking at the version history, 1.4 was released on 13th dec 2011, 1.6 released on 25th dec 2012 and 1.7 on 19th dec 2013 so I'm hoping (thought not assuming) the 'wise men' from the oak tree may arrive with some very special seasonal gifts.

In the meantime, there are workarounds and I am very very thankful for what it does do.

;o)

Where does this stand? This feature (working links in user notes) would radically enhance my ability to use iOS for teaching.

Scripture links in user notes should be working in the current release.

Scripture links in user notes should be working in the current release.

They most definitely are working . You cannot create a link in the iOS app. Links must be created in the desktop version of accordance. Once you've made your links, the notes can be synced back to iOS. At that point, you'll have a working hyperlink in your iOS notes. Just tap on it, and your Scripture references will appear in a popup box.