Bibliographic Information in About window

R. Mansfield

When I use any Accordance module as a source when putting together Keynote slides (whether text or a graphic) for teaching, I like to include a citation for my source on a final "Sources" slide which I generally display at the end of the presentation while I'm answering remaining questions.

Currently the only way to get bibliographic information from Accordance is to copy as citation and paste it into Word or Mellel (or in Pages uses Joe's script).

Getting a bibliographic reference for use other than in word processors would be easier if it was contained in the About dialogue box for the Accordance module in the format that I've specified in preferences (Turabian or SBL). The window ought to display the text in bibliographic form as opposed to footnote form. There's already a "Copy to Clipboard" feature in these windows, but it contains too much information and information that is not in a usable form for reference lists.

If you uncheck 'Put bibliography details as footnote' in Preferences -> Bibliography, then the information will simply be appended to the content when copying as citation. Is this not what you were looking for?

If you uncheck 'Put bibliography details as footnote' in Preferences -> Bibliography, then the information will simply be appended to the content when copying as citation. Is this not what you were looking for?

Not quite. First, this option still places the reference in footnote format as opposed to bibliography format. Second, sometimes, I might not directly quote information, but rather, it has been an informative source for something I've constructed in the slide. There's not a direct citation to make in the slide, but I do want to list it as a source on my final slide. Third, this option doesn't help when copying pictures from a resources such as the PhotoGuide as the bibliographic information is not copied regardless of how the preferences are set.

Not quite. First, this option still places the reference in footnote format as opposed to bibliography format. Second, sometimes, I might not directly quote information, but rather, it has been an informative source for something I've constructed in the slide. There's not a direct citation to make in the slide, but I do want to list it as a source on my final slide. Third, this option doesn't help when copying pictures from a resources such as the PhotoGuide as the bibliographic information is not copied regardless of how the preferences are set.

We have discussed different options for generating a bibliography of resources for the future. For the now, you'll have to set the format to bibliography, uncheck the footnote option and create some sort of running list of the resources you're using (user note or slide, etc.). One tip is that you don't actually have to select any text for it to generate the citation

Archived