Josephus, DSS, Targums

rosefam

I would love to see you add functionality to the Josephus module so that I could run it as a commentary that would scroll along with the Old Testament text when appropriate. Then I could instantly compare what Josephus says to the relevant sections where he summarizes the OT. It would also be great to have the greek version of Josephus open side by side and synced with the LXX. This also goes for the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Targums. I'd love to be able to access them like commentaries...

This also goes for the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Targums. I'd love to be able to access them like commentaries...

The Targums and the DSSB-C (the biblical Qumran texts) can already be viewed in parallel with BHS-W4.

Though I would appreciate, if possible, to see the DSS commentaries on biblical books in parallel with BHS as well.

I would love to see you add functionality to the Josephus module so that I could run it as a commentary that would scroll along with the Old Testament text when appropriate. Then I could instantly compare what Josephus says to the relevant sections where he summarizes the OT. It would also be great to have the greek version of Josephus open side by side and synced with the LXX. This also goes for the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Targums. I'd love to be able to access them like commentaries...

I agree that would be nice, but I doubt that we'd be able to make it work. Accordance syncs texts verse by verse and Josephus [as well as many of the pseudepigrapha] just contain too much material that is not directly linked to specific OT/LXX or NT passages. Near Eastern scholars run into the same sort of difficulties when they try to compare other creation or flood accounts with Genesis.

The only solution I can see would be to develop a new parallels database

Archived