Incremental copy

Alistair

I thought it would be good to have a feature whereby the user can make selections and copy them (cmd-c),

but with each new chunk of copied text being added to the end of the previous one, instead of replacing it.

This would remove the necessity of switching to your word processor after every copy to paste the text.

You would only do so once at the end of your study, and be able to paste in all your selected texts in one go.

You could add the option to include the source data, i.e. copy as citation.

Or you could add the option to automatically paste the selected text into an RTF file which would be automatically saved each time.

The user can do all his/her research in Accordance without ever opening a WP-er, and then do the WP-ing separately, afterwards.

This is accomplished through 3rd party utilities (and that's how it should be). There are clipboard managers that support appending to the clipboard. However, a more robust solution is an "autopasting" script as you mention. I've written and used several to use with Accordance over the years, and the effect on productivity is amazing. I'm sure I made one publicly available at some point. I'll look.

You can easily write a Service though Automator that with a keyboard shortcut will copy the selection and paste it into Word.

Archived